Help with texting - several answers here

This is a discussion on Help with texting - several answers here within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; Thanks for your responses. I will let my daughter know when she gets home from school!...

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Help with texting - several answers here

Thanks for your responses. I will let my daughter know when she gets home from school!

I like creating ringtones or sounds on a computer and sending them to my phone via text. On most phones you can then save the sounds and also save the sounds as a ring tone. I have been able to recieve the texts and it plays the sounds but how do I say that sound as a ringtone? Anyone know how to do this? I have only had my Ally for a week and really need help with this.

Hi Laura, check this thread out and see if it helps http://www.lgallyforums.com/topic/16...tone-messages/

If not, let us know.

I got my phone yesterday and added 4 contacts to my phone and the mobile numbers are correct.

I tried to send a text and see a little red L on the icon that sends and then a little red x that tells me it wasnt sent in a notification. Thinkin I had the number wrong, I tried to send a text to my sister... it popped me a notification that it wasnt sent either.

I have wireless network and have my phone set on Wi-fi... should I set it on something else to be able to text? Is it even part of the problem? lol

I can DL apps from the market and get on facebook and check my gmail so I dont understand why I cant text. I have signal bars and its when I have 1 bar that I try to text... I live in a verrrrrry remote oil-spot of a town but have had 3 other LG phones and texts could be sent with even just a tower and a bar

Is there something that I didnt do right when I activated and set up my phone?

Quote Originally Posted by GinnyL View Post
    I got my phone yesterday and added 4 contacts to my phone and the mobile numbers are correct.

I tried to send a text and see a little red L on the icon that sends and then a little red x that tells me it wasnt sent in a notification. Thinkin I had the number wrong, I tried to send a text to my sister... it popped me a notification that it wasnt sent either.

I have wireless network and have my phone set on Wi-fi... should I set it on something else to be able to text? Is it even part of the problem? lol

I can DL apps from the market and get on facebook and check my gmail so I dont understand why I cant text. I have signal bars and its when I have 1 bar that I try to text... I live in a verrrrrry remote oil-spot of a town but have had 3 other LG phones and texts could be sent with even just a tower and a bar

Is there something that I didnt do right when I activated and set up my phone?

I had similar issues when I first activated my phone, Try to redo the setup, I believe it's under your contacts as verizon data, option #2 this tells the phones and towers to recalibrate to ensure you're getting the signal you're supposed to be getting. By the time you read this you may have already called Verizon tech support from a different number. That may actually be your best option as they can walk you through any troubleshooting that needs to be done with your handset. If memory serves though it was the *228,or 288, data reset and option two. It's the same number you call from your phone to set it up when you first get it. I'm a ditzbrain and in my rush to activate my new Ally I forgot to turn off my old one, sorta messed it up and it's the same issue so maybe that will help.

Good Luck!!

Cheers!
    "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

Android Lurker Rockstar_Tendencies's Avatar
    I can send txts and calls and recive calls but can't recive txts I just got my phone today.

That seems very odd. I haven't heard of anyone having this problem. You may want to call Verizon.

Quote Originally Posted by proto View Post
    That seems very odd. I haven't heard of anyone having this problem. You may want to call Verizon.

I had that issue for a minute. Called Verizon. Dun remember what they had me do but they had it fixed. They had me hit # and some 3 numbers I think. Anyway, call them and they'll fix it.

Sounds like a *228, but I don't see how that would fix it. It doesn't hurt to try.

Quote Originally Posted by proto View Post
    Sounds like a *228, but I don't see how that would fix it. It doesn't hurt to try.

That'd be the one. *228, press 2.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links