Help with texting - several answers here

This is a discussion on Help with texting - several answers here within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; this has happened about 6 times now and every time i have to shut down the phone and start it back up to get the ...

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Help with texting - several answers here

this has happened about 6 times now and every time i have to shut down the phone and start it back up to get the keyboard working again. i go to text then the phone thinks im using shortcuts so if i want to type something like 'Verizon' it will type the V but when i press E it opens email.. very frustrating!!!

Quote Originally Posted by david View Post
    this has happened about 6 times now and every time i have to shut down the phone and start it back up to get the keyboard working again. i go to text then the phone thinks im using shortcuts so if i want to type something like 'Verizon' it will type the V but when i press E it opens email.. very frustrating!!!

I think the problem might be you have big thumbs. If you hold in the search button right above the alt button and hit "e", it will take you to your email. Your thumb might be slipping. It could also be the search button is malfunctioning. In anycase, if you go to (main screen) settings->applications->Quick Launch, and you can long click E and it will clear it from the quick launch. So regardless of why it's activating, it won't anymore. You can go thru that list and see what else, if any, applications are sparatically opening and that should fix it.

Is there a way to turn off email notification but have text notification still running? It seems when I turn off notifications both of mine are turned off. Thanks.

Jayray, you haven't been paying attention!....Just kiddin

Go to page 46 of the manual, it explains notifications settings. And,..when you're looking at the manual, along the top where the options are, you can make the text font size bigger so it's easier to read.

If you need anything else, just ask. One of the members will have an answer for you.

Thanks Minty - You are right - I have not been paying attention. I have read so many posts that I forget where I see something. At the moment I am at work and did not have time to check the manual. Thank you for taking the time to put me on the right path.

No problem jayray, you and the other members are welcome 24/7.

ty it worked

I just got my new LG Ally, and got a new phone number. I am trying to send a mass text to notify people of my new number with out having to type each persons name. Does anyone know how I can either send a text to everyone in my phone, or go thru my contacts list and select all who I would like to send it to?

Is there a way to add to the Quick Text List?

So, i cant get text messages on my Ally, i can send just fine, and im told that they are beign recieved when i call. im currently traveling, and i wonder if thats part of the issue?

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links