Help with texting - several answers here

This is a discussion on Help with texting - several answers here within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; So I just got this phone I know a lot about it but 1 thing I can't figure out is: is there any way to ...

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Help with texting - several answers here

So I just got this phone I know a lot about it but 1 thing I can't figure out is: is there any way to delete text messages in your inbox singley instead of deleting the whole thread. I mean there has to be a way. I have a few messages I want to keep. Please help me!!

Android Sr Member blackmetalbuick's Avatar
    Sure. Go into the text "thread" where you want to delete individual messages. Say you want to delete "hi how are you?" out of your conversation. Just "long press" that line of text (press on that line of text on the screen and keep your finger pressed there for a few seconds) and a message options menu will pop up. Scroll through that menu and you can select "Delete message" and it will only delete that one line.

Also, if you have a long conversation and you only want to save two or three lines, instead of having to delete all the other ones one by one, long press on the lines you want to keep, go to that same menu, and choose to "lock" those lines of text. Then go back to the inbox and press to delete the entire thread. It will ask if you want to include the locked messages or not, say no, and then the thread will be deleted except for the sections you chose to lock/save.
    LG Ally - SW V 8 - Rooted - Velocity 0.3

I fee really stupid but how do you move a pic from a text message into your photo gallery

I love this forum. I thought I'd broken my phone somehow, but here's everyone else having the same problem. Well, mostly the same. I'm getting duplicate messages from handcent also, and while it does only happen when the messages are from other VZW users, it's not *all* of them. One of my VZW using friends only ever comes through single. So, I'm a bit perplexed here...

Quote Originally Posted by slyg View Post
    I fee really stupid but how do you move a pic from a text message into your photo gallery

Long touch the picture and then touch Copy attached to SD Card.
    Motorola Droid 4

I had the same issue. I turned my phone off and turned it back on and then ALL the messages I hadn't been getting all came at once. CRAZY

How come that won't work with Facebook pictures? I was trying to pull some down to use as contact icons cause I hate the little droid.

This is a Handcent dealbreaker for me, too. Sad. Has no one found a workaround yet? Do all the messaging apps do this?

ian
    The FAQ on the Handcent website address duplicate messages. Maybe you should try what it says to do: http://www.handcent.com/Faq.php#TWO_MSG

Quote Originally Posted by Cleveland View Post
    How come that won't work with Facebook pictures? I was trying to pull some down to use as contact icons cause I hate the little droid.

If you use the Facebook app:

1. Long touch the phone.
    2. In the top left corner, touch Set As.
    3. Touch Contact Icon.
    4. Touch Contacts (I have this extra step because of Astro, not sure if everyone else has it or not.)
    5. Touch the contact you want the image used for.
    6. Crop the image.
    7. Touch Save.
    Motorola Droid 4

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links