Help with texting - several answers here

This is a discussion on Help with texting - several answers here within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; Originally Posted by Ian The FAQ on the Handcent website address duplicate messages. Maybe you should try what it says to do: http://www.handcent....Faq.php#TWO_MSG It's not ...

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Help with texting - several answers here

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    The FAQ on the Handcent website address duplicate messages. Maybe you should try what it says to do: http://www.handcent....Faq.php#TWO_MSG

It's not that I'm getting two notifications...I'm actually getting two messages. As was mentioned above, the difference is that one has the CB number and the othe doesn't. I've tried disabling the notification function but that didn't help.

But thanks for the link! I'll poke around over there to see if an answer is available.

I've been using Handcent since getting my Ally about a month ago and have not had this issue at all. I also text both Verizon and non Verizon people to the tune of about 5000+ texts a month without getting a single duplicate.

So I don't think it would be a Handcent issue.

I am also getting these CB duplicate messages and it is getting quite ridiculous. I hate to give up Handcent but if there's no other choice in the matter, that's what I'll have to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleveland View Post
    How come that won't work with Facebook pictures? I was trying to pull some down to use as contact icons cause I hate the little droid.

I use SyncMyPix.

I'm sure this has probably been covered already but, can groups be set up for text messaging? I had a couple different groups on my LG Voyager but cannot find a way to do it on my Ally. Kinda aggravating trying to remember to people I send all my joke texts to..LOL.

Not with the default messaging app that came with the phone. You might be able to find a messaging app that will allow it.
    Motorola Droid 4

This question may require a new thread....but hopefully someone can provide an answer on this one.

I find it annoying that pressing the return (

Hmm, never noticed that before. I guess it is like that because the default text messaging app doesn't allow paragraphs. The virtual keyboad in text messaging doesn't even show a return key but instead has a smiley face : - )

You might have to try one of the messaging apps from the Market.
    Motorola Droid 4

pmd
    Ok when I am txting sometimes when I hit like the E it opens the email. It does that to a lot of other buttons. I hate it what I do is shut it off and restart. I was wondering if anybody had the same problem

Android Sr Member blackmetalbuick's Avatar
    Shortcuts are activated by pressing the search button plus a letter like E for email, so when this happens to me I just press the search button rapidly a few times (the search button on the slide out keyboard, not the one at the bottom of the touch screen). For some reason the phone thinks you are pressing search when you aren't sometimes.
    LG Ally - SW V 8 - Rooted - Velocity 0.3

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links