Help with texting - several answers here

This is a discussion on Help with texting - several answers here within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; Ok, I have searched the forums and not found an answer to my problem: Some of the pic/texts I receive have an "play button" in ...

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Help with texting - several answers here

Ok, I have searched the forums and not found an answer to my problem:

Some of the pic/texts I receive have an "play button" in the middle of the picture. I hit the play button and sometimes I can see the whole picture, but sometimes it just shows the message (words) on a black screen without the picture so I never get to actually see the whole picture. I believe some of them are from verizon and non-verizon friends. Do I have a setting set wrong? Also, when its just the words showing up it only gives me like 2/3 seconds to read it all before it reverts back to the other screen so I have to keep clicking on the "play button" until I've finished reading the entire message part that goes with the picture????

If you long press the message, it should have an option to view it as a flat slideshow or something like that. I don't currently have a message to test it on, but that is what I remember doing to solve the need to do super speed reading.

Quote Originally Posted by lnn7 View Post
    Ok, I have searched the forums and not found an answer to my problem:

Some of the pic/texts I receive have an "play button" in the middle of the picture. I hit the play button and sometimes I can see the whole picture, but sometimes it just shows the message (words) on a black screen without the picture so I never get to actually see the whole picture. I believe some of them are from verizon and non-verizon friends. Do I have a setting set wrong? Also, when its just the words showing up it only gives me like 2/3 seconds to read it all before it reverts back to the other screen so I have to keep clicking on the "play button" until I've finished reading the entire message part that goes with the picture????

I had this happen. The problem is the stock Messaging App is limited. Handcent was able to show me both parts of my message: The image and the texts. Other SMS apps might also. Chomp is another popular one.

Has anyone tried the new kid on the block: GoSMS? I almost downloaded it, but haven't taken the time.

Hi, new to this phone. Ive figured out the texting, all except for how to send mass text message, without having to type in all the names. Or for example is there a way to scroll through like most other phones and "select" or "check mark" the names i want to send the message to? Thanks.

I sound like a broken record, but Handcent SMS has this option. You can go through and do the checkmark thing or you can set up groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post
    I have not yet found a way to add or edit the Quick Text.

I haven't found a way to add or edit Quick Text either, but I found an alternative that has proven to be helpful for me and I'd love to share. This will not enable you to add or edit Quick Text, but will allow an option that is similar. (Note: this is for LG Ally)

Go to your settings. Scroll down to language and keyboard. Once in there, scroll to user dictionary. Press the menu key on your keyboard, and an "add" option should come up. Add some words or phrases that you would add as Quick Texts. These will save in your messaging system and within typing (must be on touch screen typing) the first few letters, your message will appear and you can quickly add it

I hope that helps anyone who was really bummed about not being able to add or edit Quick Text.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links