Help with the SD card

This is a discussion on Help with the SD card within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; Numerous times throughout the day, my phone will notify me that the "SD card has been unexpectedly removed" which is, obviously, not true. When I ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help with the SD card

Numerous times throughout the day, my phone will notify me that the "SD card has been unexpectedly removed" which is, obviously, not true. When I go the phone, I replaced the 4GB pre-installed card with my 8GB one. Everything works fine but my phone constantly freezes and I'm forced to remove the battery. It even restarts itself (more frequently when using Maps).

I'm wondering now if this is all associated with the SD card issue.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Quote Originally Posted by tucker View Post
    Me phone will randomly do the beep beep beep beep beep allert and say something about the sd card (message is the same when you put the sd card in the phone). It has been doing this at different intervals, but when it does it like 4 times in the middle of the night, then theres a big problem. soemtimes it will do it like 3 times a minute. Any one else have this problem or even possibly a solution to it?
    I am having a similar issue. Mine isnt as extreme, but it still happens. Mostly when I reboot, but also sometimes random. Hubby says if it happens again at 3am, my phone is going into the lake...someone please help! I dont want my phone to have to learn how to swim...i dont think there is an app for that!

Android Sr Member blackmetalbuick's Avatar
    I replaced the included SD card with an 8GB one that I had been using in my LG Dare and I am experiencing no issues. Using it to hold music, backup apps and data from the phone, etc. I did tell the phone to format the card when I first started using it though.
    LG Ally - SW V 8 - Rooted - Velocity 0.3

Yet another newbie question about SD cards. . . I've read all the instructions about connecting my new LG Ally (as of last night!) to my computer to add mp3 files (for music player and for ringtones), but my computer doesn't seem to know that the Ally is connected. Is this feature PC-only, or is there something I should be using to help my MacBookPro recognize the Ally??

Thanks in advance - any other Mac users with an Ally?

Quote Originally Posted by Quisp View Post
    Yet another newbie question about SD cards. . . I've read all the instructions about connecting my new LG Ally (as of last night!) to my computer to add mp3 files (for music player and for ringtones), but my computer doesn't seem to know that the Ally is connected. Is this feature PC-only, or is there something I should be using to help my MacBookPro recognize the Ally??

Thanks in advance - any other Mac users with an Ally?

Found it!

http://search.vzw.com/?do=viewdoc&id=31842

I've bookmarked both the instructions and this forum!

I am so new to this phone and trying to get used to all of the features :-) When my phone is just resting, I keep getting alerts (the sound of a new email), and when I check the phone, all it is saying is 'Preparing SD Card'....I have no idea what this means....

Quote Originally Posted by csichi View Post
    I am so new to this phone and trying to get used to all of the features :-) When my phone is just resting, I keep getting alerts (the sound of a new email), and when I check the phone, all it is saying is 'Preparing SD Card'....I have no idea what this means....

Your phone plugged into your computer?

Quote Originally Posted by Dolfan0925 View Post
    Your phone plugged into your computer?

no

Is the SD Card the one that came with the phone or did you replace it with another card? I would try to re-format the card (you will lose anything stored on the card) to see if that helps.
    Motorola Droid 4

Quote Originally Posted by csichi View Post
    You will get this message each time your Phone detects that a MicroSD card has been inserted... It's telling you that it has "Mounted" the Card and your Phone can now use it.... If this is happening multiple times a day AND you don't have it plugged into your PC, it sounds like your phone is loosing access to the card and then finding it again. This could be a problem.

There should be an update notification that will come to your phone letting you know that Ver 8 (Software Update) is available to install... After you install this update, Let us know if it continues to happen.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links