Help with the SD card

This is a discussion on Help with the SD card within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; Originally Posted by LG_Pro You will get this message each time your Phone detects that a MicroSD card has been inserted... It's telling you that ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Help with the SD card

Quote Originally Posted by LG_Pro View Post
    You will get this message each time your Phone detects that a MicroSD card has been inserted... It's telling you that it has "Mounted" the Card and your Phone can now use it.... If this is happening multiple times a day AND you don't have it plugged into your PC, it sounds like your phone is loosing access to the card and then finding it again. This could be a problem.

There should be an update notification that will come to your phone letting you know that Ver 8 (Software Update) is available to install... After you install this update, Let us know if it continues to happen.

I'm on v8 and it's still happening to me. Is this why my music player will cut out mid-song too?

Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post
    Here is how you transfer images from the 1 GB card to the 4 GB card.

1. Plug the phone into the computer.
    2. Pull down the notification bar.
    3. Touch the USB Connection notification.
    4. Touch Mount.
    5. Open Windows Explorer on your PC.
    6. Navigate to the SD Card.
    7. Transer your images from your 1 GB card to the computer.
    8. Pull down the notification bar.
    9. Touch the USB Connection notification.
    10. Touch Turn Off.
    11. Change to the 4 GB card.
    12. Remount the USB Connection.
    13. Transfer the images from the computer to the 4 GB card.
    CAN THIS BE DONE WITH A MICRO 16GB SDHC CLASS 6

WILL THE ALLY SUPPORT A CLASS 6 CARD????

THANKS FOR UR REPLY,

EZ

The class is related to the speed of the card. A class 2 would be the slowest and a class 10 the highest. A 4 is the default class for the Ally but anything higher should work too.
    Motorola Droid 4

Quote Originally Posted by ItsJustBrian View Post
    Numerous times throughout the day, my phone will notify me that the "SD card has been unexpectedly removed" which is, obviously, not true. When I go the phone, I replaced the 4GB pre-installed card with my 8GB one. Everything works fine but my phone constantly freezes and I'm forced to remove the battery. It even restarts itself (more frequently when using Maps).

I'm wondering now if this is all associated with the SD card issue.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Mine does it constantly...but it just started after the last update. Now I want to give my phone flying lessons! Between that voice telling me when I've lost service and then announcing "Verizon Wireless" and the SD card magically unmounting, I'm about to lose my mind!

So if I am upgrading my SD card, do I need to save ALL contents of my current card to my PC then move them back to the new SD? I already have my music, wallpapers, ringtones, ect. on my PC but I have noticed that some app's save files to the SD as well. I assume if I delete those app files ( not save them to PC then back to SD) I will need to reconfigure something in that app.

Also, how can I be sure something is saved to the Internal Memory and NOT to the SD? Is it as simple as "if it's not on the SD files it HAS to be in the Internal Memory"??

P.S. It's great to know we are getting help from Ally users instead of from Tech Support reading from a manual or salespersons who only use the device when they are trying to sell it!

Quote Originally Posted by mdouglase View Post
    So if I am upgrading my SD card, do I need to save ALL contents of my current card to my PC then move them back to the new SD? I already have my music, wallpapers, ringtones, ect. on my PC but I have noticed that some app's save files to the SD as well. I assume if I delete those app files ( not save them to PC then back to SD) I will need to reconfigure something in that app.

No, you don't need to save all the contents, just the files you want to save. However, it doesn't take long to just save everything. Most apps will recreate any folders or file they need as soon as you restart them.

Quote Originally Posted by mdouglase View Post
    Also, how can I be sure something is saved to the Internal Memory and NOT to the SD? Is it as simple as "if it's not on the SD files it HAS to be in the Internal Memory"??

That is pretty much it although some apps, like Kindle, may store things online.
    Motorola Droid 4

Quote Originally Posted by blackmetalbuick View Post
    I replaced the included SD card with an 8GB one that I had been using in my LG Dare and I am experiencing no issues. Using it to hold music, backup apps and data from the phone, etc. I did tell the phone to format the card when I first started using it though.

how do you "tell" your phone to format the card?

Quote Originally Posted by AKH78 View Post
    how do you "tell" your phone to format the card?

1. Press the menu button.

2. Touch settings.

3. Touch SD Card & Phone Storage.

4. Touch Unmount SD card.

5. Touch Format SD card.

Note: this will erase everything on the card so make sure you backup any files you want to save first.

Motorola Droid 4

i have pic on my phone do i move them to sd card and if so how.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links