Help with the SD card

This is a discussion on Help with the SD card within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; is there any way to transfer pictures, videos, music, etc from an old sd card to your phone?...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Help with the SD card

is there any way to transfer pictures, videos, music, etc from an old sd card to your phone?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

your phone doesnt hold any of that information(like older non-smartphones) all that information stays on the sd card, thats why android phones come with sd cards already...

why not just save all items on old phone and then save all pics on the new ally sd card and there u go

If I understand your question correctly, you alrdy have an sd card and wish to move that stuff to the Ally's sd. Is this correct?

If so, your computer would need to have a multiformat card reader or you can get an external reader such as this one from Best Buy:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Dynex%26...=1218029378008

then, depending on the reader you get, you most likely would need an sd adapter that you insert your sd card in before inserting it into the reader:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+-+M...&skuId=6190882

then you could retrieve the info on the sd card, save it to your pc and using the usb cable that came with the Ally, trasfer the data.

hopes this helps.

Me phone will randomly do the beep beep beep beep beep allert and say something about the sd card (message is the same when you put the sd card in the phone). It has been doing this at different intervals, but when it does it like 4 times in the middle of the night, then theres a big problem. soemtimes it will do it like 3 times a minute. Any one else have this problem or even possibly a solution to it?

I just got my Ally and I love it so far. My only problem is I took out the pre-installed sd card and replaced it with the one from my blackberry because i have a bazillion pictures on the sd card that i didn't want to lose or figure out how to transfer over. How do I set the settings so that the pictures are saved on sd card and not on the internal memory?

Janean

Do I need to tell the Ally where to save pictures and downloads or does it already know to save things on the SD card?

I downloaded Verizon Media Manager on my PC. It is supposed to let you transfer pics and music from one device to another.

I uploaded my pics from my LG Dare onto the PC to transfer to my Ally but when I plug in the Ally the program doesn't recognize. The reviews say its compatible with the Ally. Any one have any advice for me?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterObiwan View Post
    I downloaded Verizon Media Manager on my PC. It is supposed to let you transfer pics and music from one device to another.

I uploaded my pics from my LG Dare onto the PC to transfer to my Ally but when I plug in the Ally the program doesn't recognize. The reviews say its compatible with the Ally. Any one have any advice for me?

I suggest manually dragging/dropping the pics you want to xfer into the Ally & bypassing the program you used to upload the pics. Sometimes people say *it is compatible* w/o actually having used it or have used it on a different phone than yours.

Connect your Ally via USB to your computer. In the top left corner of your phone's screen you will see a USB symbol. Pull down your notifications shade (swiping it down with your finger) and then select USB Connected and then select Mount. A window popup should display on your computer. Select Open folder to view files. Then drag and drop from there. Remember to left-click the USB symbol on your computer in the system tray and click safely remove hardware and follow the prompts.

Quote Originally Posted by Intrimazz View Post
    I suggest manually dragging/dropping the pics you want to xfer into the Ally & bypassing the program you used to upload the pics. Sometimes people say *it is compatible* w/o actually having used it or have used it on a different phone than yours.

Connect your Ally via USB to your computer. In the top left corner of your phone's screen you will see a USB symbol. Pull down your notifications shade (swiping it down with your finger) and then select USB Connected and then select Mount. A window popup should display on your computer. Select Open folder to view files. Then drag and drop from there. Remember to left-click the USB symbol on your computer in the system tray and click safely remove hardware and follow the prompts.

Thanks for the suggestion, worked like a charm!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links