Battery Help

This is a discussion on Battery Help within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; One thing that will help to perserve the battery life is to install the automatic or advanced task killer apps. The more apps that you ...

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Battery Help

One thing that will help to perserve the battery life is to install the automatic or advanced task killer apps. The more apps that you have running, the quiker your battery will die. Also, even if you don't think you have the app open cause you switched to another screen, chances are that it is unless you closed it manually. And even when your screen times out, the apps may still be running and draining your battery. The more apps you open, the quicker your battery dies.

That being said, two amazing free apps are the advanced task killer and the automatic task killer. The advanced task killer you access and it let's you select all the apps that you don't want running and you can kill them. The automatic task killer let's you set what apps you want to kill as soon as your phone times out and goes to sleep.

Both of these will help save your battery life a lot. Also, its good to let your phone battery run down quite a bit before you charge it as much as possible so that each time you charge it, you battery gets the most out of the charge.

For me keeping the automatic brightness turned off unless I'm out in the sunlight seems to help with less draining too. I'm glad I read this though because I had no idea there's an extended life battery available and now I do.

Thanks
    "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

Quote Originally Posted by followasmile View Post
    That being said, two amazing free apps are the advanced task killer and the automatic task killer. The advanced task killer you access and it let's you select all the apps that you don't want running and you can kill them. The automatic task killer let's you set what apps you want to kill as soon as your phone times out and goes to sleep.

Both of these will help save your battery life a lot. Also, its good to let your phone battery run down quite a bit before you charge it as much as possible so that each time you charge it, you battery gets the most out of the charge.

I downloaded the Advanced Task Killer and you can also set it to automatically kill apps by setting the Auto Kill Level (Disable, Safe, Aggressive, and Crazy) and you can set the Auto Kill Frequency (When Screen Off, Every 1/2 Hour, Every Hour, Every 2 Hours, and Every 4 Hours). If there are certain apps that you don't want to have automatically killed, you can add them to the Ignore List by touching the app until the popup menu appears and then touching Ignore. However, any app in the Ignore List will not show up in the Kill Selected Apps list.
    Motorola Droid 4

Anyone can tell me how to take off the battery cause im having a hard time taking it off i dont know why but it just wont come off

Quote Originally Posted by PROJECTEG6 View Post
    Anyone can tell me how to take off the battery cause im having a hard time taking it off i dont know why but it just wont come off
    Are you having problems getting the Battery cover off or getting the Battery out of it's compartment? The Cover just slides from Bottom to top towards the Camera. Initially it is difficult to remove but get's easier with time.

The Battery it's self, is really wedged into it's compartment and is difficult to remove. If you remove the battery cover and look at the battery compartment at the top you will notice a small 'notch' in the compartment at the upper end of the battery. I use a Credit card or something similar in strength and insert it into the notch between the Compartment and Battery and GENTLY pry the battery upwards. This will pop the battery out..

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Android Lurker saintpauliegirrl's Avatar
    I used the toggle buttons on the Power Control Widget (which was preloaded on 4th Home Page) to turn off the Wi-Fi, GPS, and Bluetooth. And now i dont get updated gmail to the phone anymore. Could this be related?

I checked the syncing (Settings | Accounts and Sync) and both gmail accounts have Sync is On.

What else is Gmail sync dependent on??

Thank you in advance for all the help everyone. I switched from crackberryland and have a lot to learn, so more questions may come. Reading past forums already......

I'm having this same problem... anyone here willing to offer an opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterObiwan View Post
    I have a question. When you charge the phone using the ac adapter doe the phone not shut off?? I turn my phone off and plug in the adapter and then the phone powers itself back on, is this normal?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterObiwan View Post
    I have a question. When you charge the phone using the ac adapter doe the phone not shut off?? I turn my phone off and plug in the adapter and then the phone powers itself back on, is this normal?

Thanks!

Sorry, your question got lost in all the other replies.

Yes, this is normal. I am not sure why they designed the phone this way but if you connect a phone to a charger it will turn itself back on if it is off.
    Motorola Droid 4

pmd
    I think so mine does that so I leave I on when its charging but mine shuts off by it self sometimes when charging. Weird

ok so I did the fix for the 50% bug and sure enough cell standby continued to drop over the course of the last few days.

However now, or at least yesterday when I was checking, over the course of 22hrs since unplugged Maps used 98% and Voice Calls used 2%. That sure doesn't seem right to me. I was using apps so I would think that Android system, as well as display would have SOMETHING.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links