Battery Help

This is a discussion on Battery Help within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; Can someone please explain to me why my phone battery life shows Phone idle 79%, cell standby 22%, display 2%. Anyway to change so phone ...

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Battery Help

Can someone please explain to me why my phone battery life shows Phone idle 79%, cell standby 22%, display 2%. Anyway to change so phone idle does not use so much of the battery? I see ways to change the percentages if cell standby is the culpert. I do not want to turn my phone off at night. I am a senior citizen and want to be able to receive and use the phone during the night in case of emergencies. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Cleveland View Post
    ok so I did the fix for the 50% bug and sure enough cell standby continued to drop over the course of the last few days.

However now, or at least yesterday when I was checking, over the course of 22hrs since unplugged Maps used 98% and Voice Calls used 2%. That sure doesn't seem right to me. I was using apps so I would think that Android system, as well as display would have SOMETHING.

Mine is simlar. My display only shows 2% but I don't have anything for Voice Calls (and I made two of them) or for the Android System.

I also found that my fix for the bug was undone again. I have to periodically go back and reset it. My phone shut itself down three times today and I think that is when it resets itself.
    Motorola Droid 4

Quote Originally Posted by jayray15 View Post
    Can someone please explain to me why my phone battery life shows Phone idle 79%, cell standby 22%, display 2%. Anyway to change so phone idle does not use so much of the battery? I see ways to change the percentages if cell standby is the culpert. I do not want to turn my phone off at night. I am a senior citizen and want to be able to receive and use the phone during the night in case of emergencies. Any suggestions?

I would not worry about the Phone Idle percentages. The Phone Idle is the power your phone uses just to stay on and CPU is running at a minimal speed. Very little power is being used when your phone is idle. If you have a high percentage, it just means that your phone wasn't doing anything else to drain the battery and that is a good thing.
    Motorola Droid 4

Quote Originally Posted by followasmile View Post
    The more apps that you have running, the quiker your battery will die. Also, even if you don't think you have the app open cause you switched to another screen, chances are that it is unless you closed it manually..

1. How do I kill an app manually?

2. How do I see which apps are running?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by HBinswanger View Post
    1. How do I kill an app manually?

2. How do I see which apps are running?

Thanks.

To See What Is Running:

1. Touch the menu button.
    2. Touch Settings.
    3. Touch applications.
    4. Touch Running Services.
    To stop one of the apps that is running, just touch it and then touch Stop. However, I don't think this method shows you everything that is running. An App like Advanced Task Killer shows more and can also be used to kill an app.

Motorola Droid 4

How many hours am I supposed to be getting out of my battery? I am not getting very much before having to recharge it. And I have done every little tip & trick out there including downloading the advanced task killer. Did I just get a bad battery?

Quote Originally Posted by nicolett80 View Post
    How many hours am I supposed to be getting out of my battery? I am not getting very much before having to recharge it. And I have done every little tip & trick out there including downloading the advanced task killer. Did I just get a bad battery?

In addition to killing the apps, you need to condition your battery. You do this by allowing the battery to drain until the phone shuts itself off and then recharge it back up to 100%. You need to do this about 5-6 times but some claim that 10-12 times is best.
    Motorola Droid 4

Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post
    Mine is simlar. My display only shows 2% but I don't have anything for Voice Calls (and I made two of them) or for the Android System.

I also found that my fix for the bug was undone again. I have to periodically go back and reset it. My phone shut itself down three times today and I think that is when it resets itself.

I am about to go check on my fix because cell standby is back up to 47%. I still haven't had any problems with the battery. I haven't conditioned it but the performance has always been adequate.

So aafter reading this thread I go check my usage. Google maps used 99% of the battery and nothing else showed up. But my battery is at 85% life... what's up?

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell View Post
    So aafter reading this thread I go check my usage. Google maps used 99% of the battery and nothing else showed up. But my battery is at 85% life... what's up?

Mine did that today to only my battery life was 98% with Google maps using 99%.
    Motorola Droid 4

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Ads