Battery Help

This is a discussion on Battery Help within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; Originally Posted by Tazman19 One of the biggest complaints has been about battery life...And I am not so sure many of them are valid. For ...

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Battery Help

Quote Originally Posted by Tazman19 View Post
    One of the biggest complaints has been about battery life...And I am not so sure many of them are valid. For many of us, this is our first true power phone (oxymoron since the Ally is a mid level powerphone but still...lol). I am really thinking it all depends on individual usage habits. I know I have had mine for only 2 weeks and am constantly messing around with it. Smoke breaks at work, texting, browsing, app searching, facebook, etc..... The people who have stated they have long battery life are admitted low users. Just my 2 cents.....

In theory I agree with you, but I have been trying to test the battery life under different circumstances. Unfortunately, the recent software upgrade means I have to start my testing all over again.

Last night at 11:00 am my battery life was at 100%, I made sure that Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, and Sync were all turned off, I manually killed any running apps (Backup Assistant was one of them), then I locked the phone and left it alone all night. At 6:00 am, my battery life was down to 56% and the only two apps that show up under Running Services was the Backup Assistant Sync and Weather Service for The Weather Channel. The battery use was Cell Standby 50%, Phone Idle 48%, and Display 2%. Time Without Signal was only 1%. I lost 44% of my battery life in 7 hours without using the phone at all and it was not caused by the 50% Bug. My Preferred Network Type was set to CDMA Only. The specs say the battery should get up to 500 hours on standby time which I know is not realistic but at the rate of my battery drain my phone will be dead in 15 hours with no usage at all.
    Motorola Droid 4

That's really weird. My phone was at full charge yesterday morning . With heavy usage it was at 37 when I got home. Left it alone until 6 this morning and it was still at 27. Must besomething running in the background. Stupid question ....is your brightness set down?

That's really weird. My phone was at full charge yesterday morning . With heavy usage it was at 37 when I got home. Left it alone until 6 this morning and it was still at 27. Must besomething running in the background. Stupid question ....is your brightness set down?

Display doesn't matter in this case and was only 2% of the usage. The phone was locked and the screen was off the entire time. Only when I checked it at 11 and again at 6 was the display on.
    Motorola Droid 4

Guys...can you help a brother out? New to Lg Ally (2 weeks old) - absolutely love the phone.

Did the 50% without a signal fix and things seem to be holding at CDMA in the phone settings.

When I check my battery usage, "cell standby" is still always #1 at around 50% even though time without a signal is 0-3%. Maybe I need to reboot and reactivate the signal fix?

Thanks
    -----------------------------------------------

Also being new I don't understand what the 50% without a signal fix is????? and I read something about a "bug" fix????

I looked at the task killers and to be honest, I didn't know for sure which ones "to kill"......can you get them back??? Was really nervous about downloading the advanced task killer...afraid I would loose everything!!

This is a great place to find information !!!! Thanks for everyone's help !!!

-----------------------------------------------

Also being new I don't understand what the 50% without a signal fix is????? and I read something about a "bug" fix????

I looked at the task killers and to be honest, I didn't know for sure which ones "to kill"......can you get them back??? Was really nervous about downloading the advanced task killer...afraid I would loose everything!!

This is a great place to find information !!!! Thanks for everyone's help !!!

I have been letting my battery drain & turn the phone off before I put it on the charger. But should I continue to just do that or should I Just stick my phone on the charger any opportunity I Get, even if my battery is at 50%?

(I am getting about 5 to 6 hours before the battery dies & that's only if I turn my phone completely off at night, otherwise I would only get half that)

Quote Originally Posted by nicolett80 View Post
    I have been letting my battery drain & turn the phone off before I put it on the charger. But should I continue to just do that or should I Just stick my phone on the charger any opportunity I Get, even if my battery is at 50%?

(I am getting about 5 to 6 hours before the battery dies & that's only if I turn my phone completely off at night, otherwise I would only get half that)

It depends, I have read that you should do the complete drain 4-5 times or about 12 times. After that, you should only do it every once in a while.
    Motorola Droid 4

Hey ally android. Update on my battery life, I thought advanced task killer was helping but I uninstalled it & then got 12 hours of battery life with medium use. That's the most I have ever gotten since I have had my phone. Also, the time without signal percentage was low. But now today the time without signal is back up to 65% & my battery is dying fast. I thought I had fixed it by following everyone's suggestions. But it keeps going back up. Is LG going to fix this issue? Has anyone heard anything?

Quote Originally Posted by nicolett80 View Post
    Hey ally android. Update on my battery life, I thought advanced task killer was helping but I uninstalled it & then got 12 hours of battery life with medium use. That's the most I have ever gotten since I have had my phone. Also, the time without signal percentage was low. But now today the time without signal is back up to 65% & my battery is dying fast. I thought I had fixed it by following everyone's suggestions. But it keeps going back up. Is LG going to fix this issue? Has anyone heard anything?

I have not heard anymore about a fix for the 50% bug but since they did the software update, I no longer have an issue with it anymore, the most my TWS has been is 3%.

I also have noticed that my battery life has improved over the past week after I did a factory reset on Tuesday. I have been running a new test and so far I have gone 12 1/2 hours and only used up 2% of my battery life. I think the factory reset is what helped the most. I also redid the *228 option 2 to make sure that my PRL was updated.

One thing that is a waste of time, and I was doing it alot, is to dial *#*#4636#*#* and changing the Preferred Network Type from CDMA Auto (PRL) to GSM/CDMA Auto (PRL). The LG Ally cannot access the GSM network (which is AT&T and TMobile) so it is best to just leave that with the default setting of CDMA Auto (PRL).
    Motorola Droid 4

OK, good to know. I am preparing for a factory reset myself, because of my voicemail notification issue. I did the software update last week but my time without signal has not improved. I'll let you know what happens after I do the factory reset. Thanks!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links