Battery Help

This is a discussion on Battery Help within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; Helllo. OK sooo this is my first smart phone ever and im trying to get the hang of it, but it can be so confusing ...

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Battery Help

Android Lurker smartphonenewbie's Avatar

Battery Help

Helllo. OK sooo this is my first smart phone ever and im trying to get the hang of it, but it can be so confusing sometimes. I'm glad there is a place like this for questions but anyways to my question, ok so I realize with smart phones the battery is not going to last pretty much no longer than a day. But today my battery drained really quickly and so I looked to see what is draining my battery and "Cell Standby" used about 72% of my battery in a 8 hour period. When you click on it, it says battery used by cell radio. This may be a silly question but what is that exactly, annnd is there a way to change a setting to fix that? Is this what drains most of your battery? Thanks for the help

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Can you tell me how to view what is draining the battery?

You need to go to "settings." The go to the end of the list and select "about phone", then select battery use.

Smartphonenewbie,

I turn my phone off at night to save the battery, have you tried doing that? You probably already know this one but change your setting to make your screen time out faster. You can also turn down the screen brightness to converse the battery.

I have a question. When you charge the phone using the ac adapter doe the phone not shut off?? I turn my phone off and plug in the adapter and then the phone powers itself back on, is this normal?

Thanks!

Hi Smart, glad you're a member! Here's a few tips for you to consider, they help reduce the load on your battery and work for any smartphone.

Like MO mentioned, turn the phone off at night and you can set the displays to "time-out" more quickly. They are beautiful, (especially on the Ally.. ) but a real battery drain.

If you don't really need "vibrate"...turn it off because the battery takes a hit each time it vibrates.

If you don't need, or aren't using WiFi or Bluetooth, turn them off also. They are like tiny radio sets, sending and receiving signals. If you're not using GPS for anything, turn it off temporarily. These tips should help some.

One other thing to keep in mind, your Ally is, in all reality, a miniature computer and several apps/widgets access the internet frequently which also drains the battery.

You can see why the Extended Life battery for the Ally sells fast

I had the same problem. My battery would be fully charged at night and by the time I woke up my battery was down to 30%. What i found out was that my phn was on "cell standby" all night long. The reason for this is on my phn was that my cell coverage isn't the best in my apartment, so my phn spends a better part of the night trying hard to keep a signal and 3g coverage, thats "cell standby". I fixed it by either turning my phn off or placing it in airplane mode at night. From that point forward, over a period of 8 hours my battery dropped from 100% to 94%. It worked for me

Android Lurker minroon@yahoo.com's Avatar
    I turned off WiFi and noticed a HUGE improvement!

Good tip fly, like min said, you can get some improvements by turning off stuff you don't need.

Quote Originally Posted by Minty View Post
    Hi Smart, glad you're a member! Here's a few tips for you to consider, they help reduce the load on your battery and work for any smartphone.

Like MO mentioned, turn the phone off at night and you can set the displays to "time-out" more quickly. They are beautiful, (especially on the Ally.. ) but a real battery drain.

If you don't really need "vibrate"...turn it off because the battery takes a hit each time it vibrates.

If you don't need, or aren't using WiFi or Bluetooth, turn them off also. They are like tiny radio sets, sending and receiving signals. If you're not using GPS for anything, turn it off temporarily. These tips should help some.

One other thing to keep in mind, your Ally is, in all reality, a miniature computer and several apps/widgets access the internet frequently which also drains the battery.

You can see why the Extended Life battery for the Ally sells fast

but what if you need those things.. isn't that the purpose of having a smart phone. I need the vibrate, Where do you get this "extended battery life"?

Hi prof, If you need those things, leave them running. They are optional features some folks use, some don't, but each one puts an additional load on the battery.

You get the extended life OEM battery from Verizon, don't forget the cover for it also.

Take a look at the accessories forum, lots of info there. http://www.lgallyforums.com/topic/36-ally-batteries/

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links