Notification Sounds Keep Going Away

This is a discussion on Notification Sounds Keep Going Away within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; Originally Posted by Musselman Experiencing the same issue with notification alert sound. The only thing I have had success with is powering down and rebooting ...

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Notification Sounds Keep Going Away

Quote Originally Posted by Musselman View Post
    Experiencing the same issue with notification alert sound. The only thing I have had success with is powering down and rebooting the phone. Installing DG Alerts now to see if it helps.

DG Alerts did nothing - I uninstalled it immediately...

Quote Originally Posted by mully View Post
    My ally sound problems seem to be random in their occurence and duration. It acts like the phone jack is stuck. Headphones plugged in, sounds good, unplug phones, no sound. Sound just seems to dissapear. I h ave just left phone sitting on dresser and sound just comes back. Doing reset pulling battery does not work I have used app killer and it doesn't help. Seems to be very random to me.

I'm having this problem too, and I can't seem to find a response to this post. Anyone have any ideas. I'm heart broken I just bought this phone.

Posted Yesterday, 01:34 PM

mully, on 03 July 2010 - 03:53 PM, said:

My ally sound problems seem to be random in their occurence and duration. It acts like the phone jack is stuck. Headphones plugged in, sounds good, unplug phones, no sound. Sound just seems to dissapear. I h ave just left phone sitting on dresser and sound just comes back. Doing reset pulling battery does not work I have used app killer and it doesn't help. Seems to be very random to me.

I'm having this problem too, and I can't seem to find a response to this post. Anyone have any ideas. I'm heart broken I just bought this phone.

This sounds more like a defective phone instead of a software conflict issue I would see if you could exchange the phone for a new one!!

To: LG_Pro

Back Again. My latest development in the notification sound issue was discovered on my drive to and from work. When I turn on the auto-sync on, after leaving it on for somewhere between 30 to 45 minutes (it does vary) at a refresh rate of every 5 minutes, My sounds will disappear. I have even had them disappear within 5 minutes of resetting my phone. No apps are physically running on the phone (task killer shows only task killer running). Any suggestion as to what may be causing this other than a software issue? My phone did pretty well after this last update as long as I didn't run the auto-sync, but I didn't have a need to when I didn't have a job....lol

Your input and assistance is greatly appreciated. I love my phone & because of this, I put up with resetting it.

Quote Originally Posted by BigMamaAJ View Post
    To: LG_Pro

Back Again. My latest development in the notification sound issue was discovered on my drive to and from work. When I turn on the auto-sync on, after leaving it on for somewhere between 30 to 45 minutes (it does vary) at a refresh rate of every 5 minutes, My sounds will disappear. I have even had them disappear within 5 minutes of resetting my phone. No apps are physically running on the phone (task killer shows only task killer running). Any suggestion as to what may be causing this other than a software issue? My phone did pretty well after this last update as long as I didn't run the auto-sync, but I didn't have a need to when I didn't have a job....lol

Your input and assistance is greatly appreciated. I love my phone & because of this, I put up with resetting it.

You task killer could be killing the process needed for your notification sound to work. Try turning it off and see if you get your sounds then.
    Motorola Droid 4

I've read on here that many people have ATK installed on their phone and that it may be killing whatever process actually makes the notification sound. I've also read that many people experiencing this problem have uninstalled ATK and the problem went away. I have now uninstalled ATK on my Ally and I still have a problem with the notification sound going away! WTF, right?

I uninstalled ATK also and it didn't make a difference. Again, I have to believe it has something to do with the SD card. I have no notification sounds and without turning off the phone or anything all I do is unmount the SD card and push it back in and I have notfication sounds for a few hours then they dissapear again. Unmount SD card (I don't even take it out of the phone completely, just push it once to unmount and then push it right back in) and wallah notification sounds work again. I have no idea what it is.

Could be the SD card if the sounds you are using are stored on the card.

Try a sound that is on the phone and see if that works.

If possible, try another SD card or re-format the card you have.
    Motorola Droid 4

Quote Originally Posted by psujrduck View Post
    I uninstalled ATK also and it didn't make a difference. Again, I have to believe it has something to do with the SD card. I have no notification sounds and without turning off the phone or anything all I do is unmount the SD card and push it back in and I have notfication sounds for a few hours then they dissapear again. Unmount SD card (I don't even take it out of the phone completely, just push it once to unmount and then push it right back in) and wallah notification sounds work again. I have no idea what it is.

When the sounds disappear, do you get any messages telling you that the SD Card has unexpectedly been removed? This would tell us that something is happening with the SD Card or Card slot.... Have you tried copying the contents of the card to your PC and then reformatting the card to see if this helps?

Also when you remove the card I would recommend that you "Dismount" it from the settings menu, this will make sure the file system is closed and prevent any chance of Data Loss when the card is removed.

Let me know if reformatting helps.... make sure to backup your card first :-)

Thanks guys for responding. I am using sounds on the SD Card, so first I will try a sound that came with the phone and see what happens. If that works then I will reformat my SD Card and let you know what happens. I do not get any messages when the sounds go away, and yes I always got to settings and unmount the card to take it out. Thanks again and I will let you know how I make out.

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Ads