Notification Sounds Keep Going Away

This is a discussion on Notification Sounds Keep Going Away within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; just noticed my notification sounds have stopped as well. still trying to figure out what may be causing this; will let you know what i ...

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Notification Sounds Keep Going Away

just noticed my notification sounds have stopped as well.

still trying to figure out what may be causing this; will let you know what i come up with.
    "STAY THIRSTY MY FRIENDS"

Android Sr Member blackmetalbuick's Avatar
    This is happening to me now too.
    LG Ally - SW V 8 - Rooted - Velocity 0.3

I'm having these troubles too. I've had this phone less than a week and have already noticed problems. Came to the site looking for answers. Again. I'm considering going back to Verizon and exchanging this for a different phone. Update please!

You would think the Verizon employees would warn you about these known glitches, rather than let you find out the hard way.

I have had problems with this phone since day one. I got my Ally on July 4. First it was problems with the ringtones. Well I got that fixed with a system update. Well when the latest update came out last month, I've had nothing but problems with my notification tones. I have the Yahoo mail app and that tone is one that came with the phone, and my text message tone, which is one that I downloaded, no longer work. I have tried going back to factory settings and even a new phone cause of the software. I have told Verizion that it's a software problem and the people at the store had no idea that thier was any problems with the software. I like this phone and it's design. I really do hope that LG gets this software fixed.

I have the same issue and then some. my ally draws from my ringtones for contact tones but I want it to do the same for notifications and gmail tones as well. However, for notifications and gmails, it draws from the android list of tones which has fewer tones and none of my custom tones. How do I get it to draw from the same list for everything ringtone related?

I just answered a similar question about Alarms. Android treats Music, Ringtones, Alarms, and Notifications differently. While some sounds are recognized by all, others aren't. The easiest thing that I found was to use Ringdroid. You can save the sound for what you want to use it for.
    Motorola Droid 4

Quote Originally Posted by Wi11iam View Post
    I have the same issue and then some. my ally draws from my ringtones for contact tones but I want it to do the same for notifications and gmail tones as well. However, for notifications and gmails, it draws from the android list of tones which has fewer tones and none of my custom tones. How do I get it to draw from the same list for everything ringtone related?

Another thing you can do is to create folders for each sound type... I created 3 folders in the Media Folder.... I created Folders with the following names,

Alarms - for Alarm tones,

Notifications - for Notification tones

Ringtones - to add to your list of Ringtones

Placing your tones in these folders will make them available to the associated Function...

I have the exact same problem my sound stop working on email notifications too right after I downloaded handcent it was working fine then nothing

I also get alerts really late from twitter, ike 4 or 5 hours later

I'm having the vanishing alert sounds issue too, but not as frequently as some. I've found that whenever I get a text during a call, the alert sounds tend to disappear for a while. I'm also having a different issue with my text notification tone... I set up a custom tone for texts that works, but now I can't change it to anything else. I tried to set one of the stock tones as my text alert, but it still plays my custom tone! it's as funny as it is frustrating! I'm considering deleting the custom tone just to see what the phone will do without it...

I just started having this problem with my phone, 4 months in. Never had a problem before. It is definitely, per my testing, SD card related. I booted up the phone, unmounted the SD card and rebooted. The notification sounds came back. For how long, not sure, as I am still testing. Maybe the fix with a re-format will work, after copying all data to the computer?

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links