Notification Sounds Keep Going Away

This is a discussion on Notification Sounds Keep Going Away within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; Originally Posted by Qasar This might be good news for you, BigMama!! Just on a whim I did a Google search for "tweetcaster and sound ...

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Notification Sounds Keep Going Away

Quote Originally Posted by Qasar View Post
    This might be good news for you, BigMama!!

Just on a whim I did a Google search for "tweetcaster and sound problems." The first hit was a blogger reviewing the App. The reviewer wrote:

So, maybe your problem is Tweetcaster! This reviewer/blogger isn't even on an Ally. This could be an App problem. The Link.

The third entry from the search was another review (also not on an Ally) which stated:

I am excited because this is really the first confirmation I have seen of what I suspected all along. An app has distorted your phone's options/features. So, please test how your notification sounds work without Tweetcaster installed and report back!

Well, first thing I noticed about those two articles was that they are both a year old. Tweet caster now has the option to select a sound. I was doing that before this update. Still have the option to choose now, but no matter what I pick, the default tone still plays. Before the update, it played one tone and my texts played another, and my email yet another, and my calendar another.....After the update....no matter what i select, it still only plays the default sound.

I uninstalled tweetcaster, still had the problem, rebooted & did a battery pull, and the default tone played for my texts and my email. Even tried using a stock tone and that didn't work. As I suspected.....it isn't tweetcaster.

If anyone else has found a solution as to how to make the different tones play for different alerts, I would love to hear how they did it. Thanks for your help guys....guess I'm stuck until it gets fixed or someone figures out how to fix it.

I appreciate your time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post
    The 1st time I did the Factory Reset was because I always do one after an update. Normally, this solves more issues than it creates.

But after doing it, reinstalling my fav apps, and moving them to the SD Card, my Ally become very slow. It would take an avg of 12 seconds for the icons on the home screen to show up. So FR #2.

After FR #2, I only reinstalled a couple of apps but soon ran into the same slow response time and the phone started flashing a black screen for no reason. Once it started that, I had to pull the battery. So FR #3.

After FR #3, my battery life went from OK to non existant. It would go from 100% to 40% in under 2 hours. So FR #4.

After FR #4, I also reformatted my SD Card. Battery is inproved, I can unplug my phone at night before I go to bed and still be at 100% 6 hours later when I get up. Lag time has improved, only have a 1-3 second lag now. I still get the flashing screen from time to time but now I can reboot the phone without having to pull the battery.

When you upgrade a computer with windows, Microsoft has pretty much forced standards on the manufacturers. An upgrade normally goes smoothly unless you have out dated hardware. Google has not done this and manufacturers can pretty much do what they want. Upgrades are like rolling dice. If your lucky, you rolled a 7. If not, just roll again.
    Seems to me you might have too many apps running in the background, especially if you are still experience a lag. I don't have any lag on mine, but then again, usually the only app running in the background (if I have it running) is tweetcaster. I also decided on the LG Home screen instead of the Android Home because of the lag i experienced using it.

I haven't experienced any of the problems you have, so I guess that's why I was curious as to why you did it 4 times. The only problem I've ever had with my phone involves the notification sounds. Maybe you need a new phone . Thanks for you help and I hope you are done having problems!

Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post
    As for the service area, it really doesn't apply to your case. I just added that as an example of something that can cause the same phones to behave differently.

Your service area can affect things like battery life, missed calls or texts, problems sending texts, duplicate texts, etc.

That much i knew already....I have had a cell phone in my hand or on my body since 1994. I've definitely had my share of those problems, but service is the first thing I suspect when that happens. Thank you for taking the time to answer.

You may want to check the notification sounds forum, they have suggested several things. I'm having a problem with default tone playing for all my notifications, but I've never used different ringtones, so not sure if the same problem....

Ugh. Sorry you still have this problem. GL.

Thanks, I think I'mma need it ;-)

I have the same issue, my LG Android is less then a month old, and new sound when I get a text or voice mail message, it doesn't vibrate either. All the settings are correct and turned to highest volume.

Super Moderator/RS furbearingmammal's Avatar
    Two hours north of Syracuse, NY. Yes, there IS civilization that far north.
    Twitter
    FurryVarmint
    Is it a stock sound or one you found somewhere?
    DO NOT WRITE IN THIS SPACE
    THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Wired Headphone Routing Fix

There is an issue with a lot of Android devices where the OS thinks the headphone is being plugged in and unplugged on its own.

I have rooted 4.0.4 AOKP and it still occured.

Try this FREE application (no ads) to resolve it:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...honeroutingfix

My S3 has just started doing this with the Whistle ringtone for messages. Sometimes it plays and other times it doesn't play the whole tune. I can't work out what it is but I will be returning to the shop tomorrow if I can't do it tonight.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Ads