Notification Sounds Keep Going Away

This is a discussion on Notification Sounds Keep Going Away within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; I have the same problems. Sometimes I have to do a battery pull several times a day....

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Notification Sounds Keep Going Away

I have the same problems. Sometimes I have to do a battery pull several times a day.

Anyone know why my ringtone for messaging only plays for 1s and after that this beeping noise comes up ? I just got the phone for less then 1 day and it is so confusing trying to figure out how to do stuff.

I have had my Ally 24 hours. Have downloaded very, very few apps and definitely have not added that card that was mentioned above. I downloaded the song 'Crazy" by Gnarls Barkley from the Verizon site because I could not locate the ringtone in the V Cast tones...only had Ringback. The tech person at Verizon worked with me about 2 hours. The ringtone came into my messaging just perfect, I could save it as a ring tone also. We did it 2 times just in case I did something wrong. :-) It would not play in the ringtone section like the ones that came with Ally. All I wanted was to get it for notifications....we already tried everything like take the battery out for 30 seconds, turn off the Ally, go into different settings, playing in the V Cast tones, etc....fun evening. Her thought was since the Ally was so new, Verizon hadn't had enough time to go in to check to see if the ringtones were working for the Ally plus since the ringtone wasn't in V Cast Tones, there was not a Ringtone for Ally. I am in a small town in Arizona and the phones just went on the market here 1 week ago. She then got me her supervisor that uses a HTP Droid Incredible or something like that and of course her Droid said 'will not work with your phone' when she tried to download the ringtone. lol She said it should have never been sent to me if it wouldn't work with my phone...personally, I liked what the other person said when she mentioned Verizon hadn't had time to go thru the ringtones with Ally. :-) We tried everything again the 1st person had done plus I even tried downloading another ring tone to see if it would work.....NOT ON A BET!!!! She called LG and of course LG said 'no problems have come up with the ring tones'. Ya right. :-( The supervisor told me to go back to the Verizon store and get another Ally. My thought.....the owner of this particular Verizon store has an Ally, so I'm going to have him download that particular song from Verizon to see if it works on his phone before I take another Ally.

Should tell you that the ringtone does work, because I accidently sent it to our other older phone....the Blitz...... and I checked to make sure it did work. I told her that, but she still believes my phone is faulty.

Oh yes, just to add to the drama, after being on the phone for 3 hours, I did find where I could actually change the notification settings if I go directly into messaging and emails by pressing the menu button and now it is working. lol The notifications will not work if I go thru Settings > sounds,etc. It still will not work if I make it the phone ringtone plus it will still not play when you just want to review it.. Strange huh. The ringtone is not smooth though.

I did talk to her about deleting the ringtones out of my list since I put it in there 3 times plus the other one she wanted me to download. She got distracted, so she didn't answer that question.

You said you can change the notification settings if i go directly into messaging and emails by pressing the menu button but i dont see it saying messaging and emails can you help me out and tell me step by step so when someone texts me i can hear the ringtone i set it as

Click on the icon 'messaging' > now click on 'menu' by the 'home' key> now click on 'settings > now click on 'select ringtone'. You do the same thing if you click on 'Gmail'.

Quote Originally Posted by Intrimazz View Post
    I have no such issue

I turn ringer on loudest setting from vibrate and never have sound going away - I also have wifi on sometimes and off sometimes - same for 3g ... in fact, the sounds on this phone are the loudest I've ever heard on any phone so far that I have to turn the vol DOWN when I have my headset on to listen to slacker radio or some phone conversations or youtube vids (and I have nerve deafness).

After reviewing so many w the same issues, I am beginning to think the Linux code for Android needs to be polished. Apps are conflicting w each other, or with the OS itself on the phones. The fact that the phones were working out of the box, then began to *have issues* seems to correlate with the time when people are installing and downloading apps of all kinds and not really paying attention to the warnings about what the apps themselves can alter and have access to. Be more wary and read more of the comments and reviews of apps and not just the first 3 shown.

I sure hope the Ally gets Froyo or some Android update soon to address the most common issues such as these.

I'm only using the 4GB card that was shipped with the phone. Lately I haven't had the issue come up, but when I first got the phone it was happening multiple times a day. Hope everyone gets their problems fixed! This is a great phone, but sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan AZ View Post
    Click on the icon 'messaging' > now click on 'menu' by the 'home' key> now click on 'settings > now click on 'select ringtone'. You do the same thing if you click on 'Gmail'.

I did what you told me but still no change i guess they have to make a update that fixes this problem hopefully they do it fast this phone is starting to piss me off

I may have been having this issue all along and didn't realize it. During the week I generally keep my handset on silent and I often forget to turn audible notifications on when I get home.

I started paying better attention the other day after seeing this post and mine are intermittent as well it turns out. So I'll be hoping someone finds "the" solution. This is sort of normal though right? I mean for a new handset to have some issues that don't really show up until they get out into the consumers hands. Software developers can't really fix the issues until we've had time to discover the issues that need fixed, so here's hoping they read this blog and already have a solution close to implementation. (Maybe just giving us froyo:P fingers crossed)

Cheers
    "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

what is froyo ?

Hi Pro, look over here,.. http://www.lgallyfor.../56-android-22/

Might scroll down to post #12

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links