Notification Sounds Keep Going Away

This is a discussion on Notification Sounds Keep Going Away within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; Originally Posted by Minty Hi Pro, look over here,.. http://www.lgallyfor.../56-android-22/ Might scroll down to post #12 Thanks so can this help me with the notification ...

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Notification Sounds Keep Going Away

Quote Originally Posted by Minty View Post
    Hi Pro, look over here,.. http://www.lgallyfor.../56-android-22/

Might scroll down to post #12

Thanks so can this help me with the notification problem ?

Hopefully it will. Google is well aware of it. They are the ones who will have to change the blink frequency. As well as other notification bugs.

I didn't get what the big deal about notification sounds going away. But now that I have unlimited texting, i can see everyones point. With the ally, I have become a texting fool. In the past rarely texted anyone( I didn't have a texting plan), so I see how notification makes it so much easier than constantly looking at the phone to see if you received a text or email. My notification sounds did work in the beginning, but yesterday the notification sounds stopped. I hope this is fixed in the next android version.

Quote Originally Posted by mtthwclgn View Post
    The reason I was asking about the memory card size is simply it is shipped with a smaller sized card, I however am using a bigger sized card, I was just wondering if the Ally could not support the overload... I have never seen this issue before Just a thought.
    Good thought, that's why I asked... I'm using an 8 GB card myself and I haven't been able to reproduce the Missing Alert sounds... I appreciate everyone jumping in here. I have reported this issue and I'll continue to bring it up internally until I hear some good news.

Quote Originally Posted by Minty View Post
    Hi Pro, look over here,.. http://www.lgallyfor.../56-android-22/

Might scroll down to post #12
    Thanks for the heads up!

Quote Originally Posted by PROJECTEG6 View Post
    what is froyo ?

FroYo?? The code name for Android 2.2 "Frozen Yogurt"

My alert tone has also disappeared. I also had a problem with all of the ringtones i downloaded disappearing but it hasnt happened lately. I have unlimited texting and web and have always been the type to answer texts immedietly, and now some people I know have some to rely on that. So I really hope that this can be fixed FAST!!! I did not pay this much money for a phone that doesn't work!!!!

Also, could some one list all of the apps that might be causing the problem?

So now I tried restarting my phone wich made the notification tone come back for now but all my ringtones disappeared. I'm starting to think maybe I should just get a new ally.

Quote Originally Posted by Watchmaker91 View Post
    So now I tried restarting my phone wich made the notification tone come back for now but all my ringtones disappeared. I'm starting to think maybe I should just get a new ally.

All of your Ringtones, or just the Custom tones? Did you place them in a particular folder or just have them in your music folder? If you look at your MicroSD card with something like "Astro" File manager to see if you can see if the files are there? I would create two folders "Ringtones" and one named "Notifications" and place your custom tones in those folders to make it easier to find then om in the future... Android will know which folder to use for Notifications or RIngtones...

Let me know what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by LG_Pro View Post
    All of your Ringtones, or just the Custom tones? Did you place them in a particular folder or just have them in your music folder? If you look at your MicroSD card with something like "Astro" File manager to see if you can see if the files are there? I would create two folders "Ringtones" and one named "Notifications" and place your custom tones in those folders to make it easier to find then om in the future... Android will know which folder to use for Notifications or RIngtones...

Let me know what happens.

The verizon Ally comes with ThinkFree Office. If you click on that app, then scroll down to the folder labeled Media, inside it you'll find a folder labeled Audio. The Audio folder contains separate folders for Alarms, Notifications, & Ringtones. This is where I make sure to transfer any files from my computer. Also, the RingDroid app stores created files in the appropriate folders here too.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links