Notification Sounds Keep Going Away

This is a discussion on Notification Sounds Keep Going Away within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; After he saw my Ally, my boss got one. I was tweaking his phone for him, and don't know WHAT I did, but all his ...

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Notification Sounds Keep Going Away

After he saw my Ally, my boss got one. I was tweaking his phone for him, and don't know WHAT I did, but all his sounds were disabled. I was trying to show him how set up his Bluetooth, and I have a feeling that screwed it up.

I just did a power off, power on, and everything seems to be back to normal

Ringtone problems here, too. They've worked fine, at one time or another, but usually they don't. I'm humbled by the complacency of others on this subject: "Oh well, I sure hope they fix this soon." I'm kinda wanting it fixed NOW ... a smartphone with no ringtones is like a car without tires. Somebody's GOTTA come up with a solution to this one soon, right? This is a pretty huge bug....

Glad to hear I am not the only one...Thought for sure I missed a setting somewhere but I get no sounds for messages and I am pretty sure none for calls either??? Seriously considering trading my Ally in before my worry free time is up.

I have had the same problem. But I think I have it fixed now. Someone posted that they thought it had to do with other apps that were running and causing a conflict. I think that is true. My notification sounds kept disappearing and would come back after restarting the phone. I downloaded the automatic task killer, which kills any apps that are running each time the phone screen times out. I installed this app to save battery life, which it did, but it also seems to have helped my notification problem as well. Ever since I have been running it, I have had no more problems. I haven't had to restart my phone in the last 2 days. I have only had my phone for a week. I hope this helps the rest of you. You do have to tell ATK which apps to kill when the screen goes off, and I have mine set to kill all apps. I also have it set to mark any new apps that I install. Good Luck. And BTW...I love this phone!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Watchmaker91 View Post
    So now I tried restarting my phone wich made the notification tone come back for now but all my ringtones disappeared. I'm starting to think maybe I should just get a new ally.

Make sure that you are not running out of memory.... Android can act up in low memory conditions... If you're okay memory wise, then yes I would contact Verizon.

Let me know what happens.

I'm also having sound file problems, but with a slight twist - I downloaded one sound file from Verizon, and it will play as a notification, but not as a ring tone. If I have it set as the default ring tone, I can't tell I have an incoming call unless I'm looking at the phone or have it set to vibrate also. I have downloaded no other apps, and I've only had the phone since this past Monday, so this is not a case of something that worked and then stopped working - it never worked. Let's hope there's a software fix in the near future!

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieM View Post
    I'm also having sound file problems, but with a slight twist - I downloaded one sound file from Verizon, and it will play as a notification, but not as a ring tone. If I have it set as the default ring tone, I can't tell I have an incoming call unless I'm looking at the phone or have it set to vibrate also. I have downloaded no other apps, and I've only had the phone since this past Monday, so this is not a case of something that worked and then stopped working - it never worked. Let's hope there's a software fix in the near future!

A lot of people have been having trouble with the Verizon rigtones. I would recommend using RingDroid (App) to create a ringtone from music on your SD card. I use one that I created & it works just fine.....It's only my notification tones that dissappear from time to time (majority of people having this same issue). Hope this helps :-)

Quote Originally Posted by ridleyk View Post
    I have had the same problem. But I think I have it fixed now. Someone posted that they thought it had to do with other apps that were running and causing a conflict. I think that is true. My notification sounds kept disappearing and would come back after restarting the phone. I downloaded the automatic task killer, which kills any apps that are running each time the phone screen times out. I installed this app to save battery life, which it did, but it also seems to have helped my notification problem as well. Ever since I have been running it, I have had no more problems. I haven't had to restart my phone in the last 2 days. I have only had my phone for a week. I hope this helps the rest of you. You do have to tell ATK which apps to kill when the screen goes off, and I have mine set to kill all apps. I also have it set to mark any new apps that I install. Good Luck. And BTW...I love this phone!!!

Which ATK did you download? Who is it made by so I can find it? Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieM View Post

But if you change to a different ring tone then your phone will ring and your notifications will work as well? I know there are sound issues.... I'll add this to the list.

Quote Originally Posted by ridleyk View Post

You refer to your phone screen "timing out" ... that isn't something I've experienced. When my ringtones don't play ... uh, they just don't PLAY, but nothing is timing out. Could you elaborate? And if you have it set to "kill all apps" ... well, don't you NEED some apps? That confuses me, too. Also, I checked out ATK in the Marketplace, and one of the three comments suggests that it's a TROJAN, which is all I need to convince me NOT to install it. Do you know, for sure, that it ISN'T an evil app?

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links