Notification Sounds Keep Going Away

This is a discussion on Notification Sounds Keep Going Away within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; Originally Posted by LG_Pro But if you change to a different ring tone then your phone will ring and your notifications will work as well? ...

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Notification Sounds Keep Going Away

Quote Originally Posted by LG_Pro View Post
    But if you change to a different ring tone then your phone will ring and your notifications will work as well? I know there are sound issues.... I'll add this to the list.

Yes, exactly! All my other ring tones are the standard ones that came with the phone, and they work everywhere, ring tone, notification, whatever. But if I choose this one I downloaded (and paid for!) from Verizon - it is the theme to Starsky & Hutch - it will work as a notification to something else, but not as a ring tone. If there is a list, please do add this!

Quote Originally Posted by ridleyk View Post
    I have had the same problem. But I think I have it fixed now. Someone posted that they thought it had to do with other apps that were running and causing a conflict. I think that is true. My notification sounds kept disappearing and would come back after restarting the phone. I downloaded the automatic task killer, which kills any apps that are running each time the phone screen times out. I installed this app to save battery life, which it did, but it also seems to have helped my notification problem as well. Ever since I have been running it, I have had no more problems. I haven't had to restart my phone in the last 2 days. I have only had my phone for a week. I hope this helps the rest of you. You do have to tell ATK which apps to kill when the screen goes off, and I have mine set to kill all apps. I also have it set to mark any new apps that I install. Good Luck. And BTW...I love this phone!!!

Well I am glad it worked for you but it was just the oppisite for me. My notifications worked just fine until I got ATK, After I got it they quit working so I uninstalled ATK and they work fine now. I had a tech from verizon tell me we should have 2.2 for the ALLY in August sometime...Fingers crossed!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BigMamaAJ View Post
    Which ATK did you download? Who is it made by so I can find it? Thanks!!

It is called Automatic Task Killer and is made by Sho Tachibana.

Quote Originally Posted by bilglas View Post
    You refer to your phone screen "timing out" ... that isn't something I've experienced. When my ringtones don't play ... uh, they just don't PLAY, but nothing is timing out. Could you elaborate? And if you have it set to "kill all apps" ... well, don't you NEED some apps? That confuses me, too. Also, I checked out ATK in the Marketplace, and one of the three comments suggests that it's a TROJAN, which is all I need to convince me NOT to install it. Do you know, for sure, that it ISN'T an evil app?

Well, I don't know the "technical" term, but by "timing out" I meant when the screen goes off or blank or sleep, whatever it is called. When I reactivate the screen with the end button on the right, it shows me how many MB's were freed by the ATK. I don't know about it being a trojan. Or if it is an evil app. I downloaded this to help with the battery life since I saw that suggestion in another forum, and it happened to fix my notification sound issue as well. I was ready to take this phone back to Verizon, but now everything seems to be working fine now and I am satisfied. I hope this helps others on here as well.

Quote Originally Posted by bilglas View Post
    You refer to your phone screen "timing out" ... that isn't something I've experienced. When my ringtones don't play ... uh, they just don't PLAY, but nothing is timing out. Could you elaborate? And if you have it set to "kill all apps" ... well, don't you NEED some apps? That confuses me, too. Also, I checked out ATK in the Marketplace, and one of the three comments suggests that it's a TROJAN, which is all I need to convince me NOT to install it. Do you know, for sure, that it ISN'T an evil app?

Also, I forgot to reply on the "killing apps". I guess the way this works is that if you open an app like say facebook or internet or whatever, and you press the home key to get out of it, the app doesn't actually close. It just keeps running in the background. That is why this app saves battery life. It is called "automatic" task killer because it automatically kills the tasks when the screen goes off. I guess there are other apps like a task manager with which you can kill tasks manually. This is just automatic. You can select which tasks to kill or to leave running, but I kill all mine because I don't need them running when my phone is not being used. The more you leave running the more battery is used. Idk which task was causing conflict with my notification sound, but evidently something was and now is not. Maybe someone with some extra time on their hands could kill tasks manually one at a time to see which one is interfering??? Just looking for ways to help.

Quote Originally Posted by bks View Post
    Well I am glad it worked for you but it was just the oppisite for me. My notifications worked just fine until I got ATK, After I got it they quit working so I uninstalled ATK and they work fine now. I had a tech from verizon tell me we should have 2.2 for the ALLY in August sometime...Fingers crossed!!!

hmmm...sorry about that. Did you install this app for another reason like the battery life? Did you use the same ATK that I used? I really don't know much about phones, and this is my first smartphone. I just thought I'd share what seems to have worked for me (so far). Hope the 2.2 will fix the issues.

My ally sound problems seem to be random in their occurence and duration. It acts like the phone jack is stuck. Headphones plugged in, sounds good, unplug phones, no sound. Sound just seems to dissapear. I h ave just left phone sitting on dresser and sound just comes back. Doing reset pulling battery does not work I have used app killer and it doesn't help. Seems to be very random to me.

Same problem as Annie, but not with a Verizon ringtone. I made a custom ringtone using myxer.com, works fine for my notifications, but is silent as my actual ringtone. The default ringtones work, though, which is odd. It's really annoying me. I've made plenty of test calls to my phone to see if it'll work, but no luck.

This is my second Ally phone. The first one had to be returned because the voice mail icon could not be cleared from the phone without wiping it out completely at the Verizon store. Once I received the second Ally, I had to spend over an hour on the phone with a customer service representative to work out a glitch—I was not receiving my voice mail notifications. Now I am unable to receive any sounds for (text, alarm, voice mail, speaker for phone, keypad tones, etc…) The phone loses the sound very sporadically. Yes, I have removed the battery to reset it and it does work, but I do not think that I should have to remove the battery each time this happens. It is a phone…it should RING!!! This is unacceptable and needs to be fixed immediately! The updates for the glitches should not take the programmers so long to push out to their customers. I am so very frustrated and discouraged with the problems I have been having that I am considering going to another service provider and phone. ~Irritated Customer

Same problem! Notification tones disappear until I reboot which I have to do about 10 times a day if I want notifications. Why is it that this many people have issues and yet LG and Verizon all respond that this is "not an issue" . Are you kidding me?? Got a replacement phone- exact same problem?? How do we make Verizon and or LG aware this is a HUGE ISSUE???

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links