Notification Sounds Keep Going Away

This is a discussion on Notification Sounds Keep Going Away within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; This might be very valuable information for those of you who ARE having this ringtone problem: I've just talked with a tech guy at Verizon ...

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Notification Sounds Keep Going Away

This might be very valuable information for those of you who ARE having this ringtone problem: I've just talked with a tech guy at Verizon (I called about an unrelated matter), and I just casually mentioned this issue about the ringtones. He said this was a KNOWN ISSUE with "a few of the Android devices that went out" ... he apologized, and he's FedEx'ing a NEW PHONE to me, overnight, with Verizon's sincerest apologies. I s**t you not.

Quote Originally Posted by sjlang1 View Post
    Same problem! Notification tones disappear until I reboot which I have to do about 10 times a day if I want notifications. Why is it that this many people have issues and yet LG and Verizon all respond that this is "not an issue" . Are you kidding me?? Got a replacement phone- exact same problem?? How do we make Verizon and or LG aware this is a HUGE ISSUE???
    There is an update being released to Verizon's Labs within the next 2 weeks, for testing. I don't have an ETA when it will be pushed out to the field .... But I will post more info when I get it...

I'll continue to report your comments to Development.

I will keep you updated..

Quote Originally Posted by bilglas View Post
    [b]This might be very valuable information for those of you who ARE having this ringtone problem: I've just talked with a tech guy at Verizon (I called about an unrelated matter), and I just casually mentioned this issue about the ringtones. He said this was a KNOWN ISSUE with "a few of the Android devices that went out" ... he apologized, and he's FedEx'ing a NEW PHONE to me, overnight, with Verizon's sincerest apologies. I s**t you not.

Wow good to hear that it is now an issue they recognize! I am on my second phone and I see many others are as well so I am not convienced it's a phone issue. Don't know just want it to work! :-) Thanks for the infomation.

Quote Originally Posted by LG_Pro View Post
    There is an update being released to Verizon's Labs within the next 2 weeks, for testing. I don't have an ETA when it will be pushed out to the field .... But I will post more info when I get it...

I'll continue to report your comments to Development.

I will keep you updated..

Thank you!!! I sure hope so.

I saw a posting in another area of the forum today - I think it was General Discussion (sorry!) - where a user spent an hour and a half on the phone with Verizon and LG and they determined that Verizon ringtones just don't work with the Ally! He got a refund for the ringtone he had purchased. Now this post was from back in June, and I haven't seen anything else along this particular line of inquiry - has anyone else? Could this possibly be the reason for some of these ringtones/notifications not working? If so, are they planning to fix it? It seems strange to me that Verizon ringtones would not work with a phone sold by Verizon.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieM View Post
    I saw a posting in another area of the forum today - I think it was General Discussion (sorry!) - where a user spent an hour and a half on the phone with Verizon and LG and they determined that Verizon ringtones just don't work with the Ally! He got a refund for the ringtone he had purchased. Now this post was from back in June, and I haven't seen anything else along this particular line of inquiry - has anyone else? Could this possibly be the reason for some of these ringtones/notifications not working? If so, are they planning to fix it? It seems strange to me that Verizon ringtones would not work with a phone sold by Verizon.
    Good question but I don't think so. I have several ringtones I've purchased from Verizon and they all work like any other tone. However there are different ways to get the ringtones delivered to your Ally. If you purchase one, you can have it sent to your phone via MMS. Or, if you have V Cast Media Manger Installed on your PC, it will just download it to your PC and then you can sync the Tones to your "vmm_music" folder, which is the folder Media Manager creates on the Ally. I've done it both ways and then I just mount my MicroSD card and locate the tones and move the files to the folders I want them in like "RIngtones" or "Notifications" .... I like to have them separated.

The disappearance of sounds seems to be related to memory. From testing and playing around, my notifications disappear when my memory drops below 50 mbs... Hope this helps everyone

I got the Ally for myself and my wife last week. Both had notifications working for a couple days, now neither work. Not even after reset. And these aren't even custom ringtones, they are the defaults. I spent an hour with Verizon troubleshooting all the things I all ready did after reading the board and they said I can return them for no restocking fee since they are defective. I think I'll go back to a regular phone, I don't have the patience for this crap. The email is also all screwed up. I get about 100 test emails every day from verizon.

Android Sr Member blackmetalbuick's Avatar
    Can't say I've experienced this as of yet, the factory tones all work fine for me and I was even able to turn an MP3 into a functioning ringtone with the press of one button, I really like that feature.
    LG Ally - SW V 8 - Rooted - Velocity 0.3

I have just started experiencing the lost ringtones for messages and notifications. I just got my Ally about 4 days ago and i have been installing apps everyday. I installed "4 in a row", a "piano", "the Uzzi" and "mafia wars". I have un installed all but mafia wars and I have gotten my ringtones back...hhhmmmmm Its gotta be a software conflict w/ other apps

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links