Notification Sounds Keep Going Away

This is a discussion on Notification Sounds Keep Going Away within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; I received a system update yesterday- not sure yet if this fixed the notifications issue. Does anyone know? It's getting stupid- they HAVE to know ...

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 160

Thread: Notification Sounds Keep Going Away

  1. #71
    Android Lurker sjlang1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6
    I received a system update yesterday- not sure yet if this fixed the notifications issue. Does anyone know? It's getting stupid- they HAVE to know at this point that hundreds of people have this issue- it is all over the internet.

  2. #72
    Android Lurker SecondSkin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Bethlehem, PA
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by sjlang1 View Post
    I received a system update yesterday- not sure yet if this fixed the notifications issue. Does anyone know? It's getting stupid- they HAVE to know at this point that hundreds of people have this issue- it is all over the internet.


    I tried, still didn't work for me.

  3. #73
    Android Jr Member LG_Pro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    65
    Quote Originally Posted by sjlang1 View Post
    I received a system update yesterday- not sure yet if this fixed the notifications issue. Does anyone know? It's getting stupid- they HAVE to know at this point that hundreds of people have this issue- it is all over the internet.
    So the Notification tones are not playing after you got the Ver 8 update? I still don't have the release notes for Ver 8 but I was hoping it had been addressed.. I'll look into it.

  4. #74
    Android Jr Member BigMamaAJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by sjlang1 View Post
    I received a system update yesterday- not sure yet if this fixed the notifications issue. Does anyone know? It's getting stupid- they HAVE to know at this point that hundreds of people have this issue- it is all over the internet.


    I updated my phone using *228 a couple days ago & was still having trouble with tones. I downloaded the Android update about 6-7 hours ago and I still have my notification tones. The true test will be to see if I still have them first thing in the morning. If I don't post anymore....then they worked :-) I hope that is the case......

  5. #75
    Android Lurker sjlang1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6
    Well so far I have had notifications for 24 hours!! Longest ever- so.... hoping this update fixed it :-) If not- I'll be back!

  6. #76
    Android Jr Member BigMamaAJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMamaAJ View Post
    I updated my phone using *228 a couple days ago & was still having trouble with tones. I downloaded the Android update about 6-7 hours ago and I still have my notification tones. The true test will be to see if I still have them first thing in the morning. If I don't post anymore....then they worked :-) I hope that is the case......


    Well, my sounds lasted until about noon today...so that's like 20 hours.....BEST I'VE HAD......Of course I did have my updates running & stuff.....I reset my phone about Noon and wanna see how long it will last this time. 20 hours is a VAST improvement over the previous 4-6 hours. I'm glad that progress is being made :-)

  7. #77
    Android Jr Member BigMamaAJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMamaAJ View Post
    Well, my sounds lasted until about noon today...so that's like 20 hours.....BEST I'VE HAD......Of course I did have my updates running & stuff.....I reset my phone about Noon and wanna see how long it will last this time. 20 hours is a VAST improvement over the previous 4-6 hours. I'm glad that progress is being made :-)


    Now they're gone again.....Oh well....Maybe they'll get this all figured out.....

  8. #78
    Android Lurker sjlang1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by LG_Pro View Post
    So the Notification tones are not playing after you got the Ver 8 update? I still don't have the release notes for Ver 8 but I was hoping it had been addressed.. I'll look into it.




    They are lasting longer but still disappearing. I test occassionally by sending myself a text. Lasted most of the day yesterday and then last night I had to power off and on. Thanks for looking into this!

  9. #79
    Android Jr Member LG_Pro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    65
    Quote Originally Posted by sjlang1 View Post
    They are lasting longer but still disappearing. I test occassionally by sending myself a text. Lasted most of the day yesterday and then last night I had to power off and on. Thanks for looking into this!


    Thanks for the report.... I'm looking at different things... Can you tell me how much Memory you generally have available when the Sounds disappear?

  10. #80
    Android Lurker yaheard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2
    I'm tellin ya its a application confliction. I uninstalled certain apps and my ringtones have been on ever since.

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Stop Notification Sounds for Emails & Updates
    By kkiss in forum Samsung Galaxy S2
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-19-2012, 03:02 AM
  2. Different notification sounds for different contacts
    By McAndroid in forum Rescue Squad General
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-15-2011, 10:10 AM
  3. Notification sounds issue
    By shay70 in forum LG Ally Help
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-29-2011, 11:46 AM
  4. Notification sounds
    By VUWildcat04 in forum Android Audio
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-13-2011, 03:28 PM
  5. Notification Sounds
    By yagermichael in forum Sprint
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-15-2010, 02:33 PM

Search tags for this page

android does not keeping set ringtones
,
android phone only notifies mw some times
,

android spectrum 2 phone no text tone

,
going away sounds
,

how do i set my android smartphone to keep reminding me when a text comes in

,
how to set music as notification on lg optimus f7
,

keep losing notification sound

,

lg styro why does my sound keep changing to vibrate

,
lg sunrise keeps changing notification sound
,
media sound keeps going off smartphone
,

my sound keeps going off on my phone

,
only vibrate but no sound for notification lgg2
,
phone keeps switching my vibrate to sound on
,

smartphone notification sounds sometimes do not play

,

why does my notifications sounds keep reverting to default setting?

Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.
Android Forum