Notification Sounds Keep Going Away

This is a discussion on Notification Sounds Keep Going Away within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; Originally Posted by LG_Pro Thanks for the report.... I'm looking at different things... Can you tell me how much Memory you generally have available when ...

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Notification Sounds Keep Going Away

Quote Originally Posted by LG_Pro View Post
    Thanks for the report.... I'm looking at different things... Can you tell me how much Memory you generally have available when the Sounds disappear?

I would love to tell ya, but can only tell ya it is probably above 60M. I kill all tasks before I put my phone in powersave mode, but somehow, when I unlock it, a whole bunch of apps are running in the background (and this is after leaving the phone alone & no missed calls or texts when I pull it out of powersave mode) It really just varies. I can run apps & it's ok, or I can not run apps & the sounds go out. I'll try to make a mental note of more info for ya, but it's hard to do when you don't know when they quit working til you get a text.....Thanks for your assistance, It is appreiciated

I just solved the problem

For those of you who downloaded ringtones from Myxer.com, when you download the ringtone, do not send it to your phone. Instead, save the ringtone as a MIDI file on your computer, mount your SD card, and move it manually to your phone.

And the ringtone works. I don't know how or why, but it does.

JCP
    2 Days ago my husband and I got new Ally phones. His sounds or speakerphone didn't work from the beginning but mine worked perfectly. We took his back yesterday and they said that the speaker was shot and got a new phone. Today my sounds completely stopped working while I was listening to a public radio app I had just downloaded! GRRRR I read that the issue could be a conflict with other apps that use sound so I uninstalled the radio app and WAH-LA my sounds are back! The same issue couldn't have applied to his phone, though, because he didn't have any new apps installed yet. My husband has since installed apps that use sound with no problem. Maybe there is more than 1 issue going on? Whatever it is, I hope there is a fix for it SOON.

Thanks for your input JCPenny...err...JCP

I may be wrong, but I think it's pretty rare that the phones speakers break, or stop working because of a defect.

I uninstaled ATK from my wifes Ally and now her contact ringtone and notifications work again.

Experiencing the same issue with notification alert sound. The only thing I have had success with is powering down and rebooting the phone. Installing DG Alerts now to see if it helps.

I am having the same problem with Text notifications and email notifications. Only thing that works right now is to reboot or take the battery out. Any word on a fix yet for this?!

I have the same problem and it has something to do with the SD card. I unmount it and put it back in and the notification sounds come back on. Don't know what the issue is but that is easier to do than turning off and taking out the battery and booting it back up.

Quote Originally Posted by ridleyk View Post
    I have had the same problem. But I think I have it fixed now. Someone posted that they thought it had to do with other apps that were running and causing a conflict. I think that is true. My notification sounds kept disappearing and would come back after restarting the phone. I downloaded the automatic task killer, which kills any apps that are running each time the phone screen times out. I installed this app to save battery life, which it did, but it also seems to have helped my notification problem as well. Ever since I have been running it, I have had no more problems. I haven't had to restart my phone in the last 2 days. I have only had my phone for a week. I hope this helps the rest of you. You do have to tell ATK which apps to kill when the screen goes off, and I have mine set to kill all apps. I also have it set to mark any new apps that I install. Good Luck. And BTW...I love this phone!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ridleyk View Post
    I have had the same problem. But I think I have it fixed now. Someone posted that they thought it had to do with other apps that were running and causing a conflict. I think that is true. My notification sounds kept disappearing and would come back after restarting the phone. I downloaded the automatic task killer, which kills any apps that are running each time the phone screen times out. I installed this app to save battery life, which it did, but it also seems to have helped my notification problem as well. Ever since I have been running it, I have had no more problems. I haven't had to restart my phone in the last 2 days. I have only had my phone for a week. I hope this helps the rest of you. You do have to tell ATK which apps to kill when the screen goes off, and I have mine set to kill all apps. I also have it set to mark any new apps that I install. Good Luck. And BTW...I love this phone!!!

I love ATK! I also have mine set to kill all apps, but how do you set it to mark any apps you install?

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links