Notification Sounds Keep Going Away

This is a discussion on Notification Sounds Keep Going Away within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; I keep losing my notification sounds. Sometimes the phone will still vibrate, but sometimes not. The LED light is the only thing that remains consistently ...

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Notification Sounds Keep Going Away

Notification Sounds Keep Going Away

I keep losing my notification sounds. Sometimes the phone will still vibrate, but sometimes not. The LED light is the only thing that remains consistently working.

If I reset the phone it works for a while, but for the last couple of days it just keeps reverting.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Yes we have seen it occasionally occur, it looks mainly to be a conflict with other apps that utilize sound, like Pandora, Music Player Double Twist, as examples... Right now, resetting the Alerts or Rebooting are the only way's to clear the issue... Hopefully an Update, when available, will help.

I have done a hard reset on my phone, set my notifications, and NOT used the music app (pre-installed) or downloaded any other apps, and yet the sounds will disappear anywhere from 1 hour after power-up to 15 hours later, it's never a set amount of time before they start working. The only thing that works for me right now is to re-boot the phone. I've tried resetting the alerts, but that does not work either. I am currently on my 2nd Ally within a week and both phones had the same problem. I really like this phone and hope that they come up with a software update for this problem very soon!! Is there anyway to notify me when an update is available?

Why this happens to a select few Allys and not all seems to suggest it is the phone itself and not a software issue. Or could it be the area you live in i.e. something messing up the phone itself? Magnetic interference? I am only guessing. Are you getting Verizon service or are you in roaming mode with roaming off and you so you get your msgs delayed which might seem like your sounds are working some times and not others? You're on your 2nd Ally and the same thing is happening is very interesting. Unlucky odds...? Could it be Android isn't playing nice? Are you absolutely sure you checked everything tied to notifications/sounds/ringers etc? Anyone else have any ideas?

I am getting the same issues - I get no audible notifications for calender updates. Can someone tell me how to do the resets mentioned above? Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleveland View Post
    I am getting the same issues - I get no audible notifications for calender updates. Can someone tell me how to do the resets mentioned above? Thank you.
    Yes, I have seen this as well... I'm hoping that this will be addressed "soon" What you should be able to do, in the mean time, is to Pull the battery and let it sit out for 30 seconds or so, then put it back in and reboot. The problem should now be gone... I use "DG Alerts" because it seems to have a little more flexibility and it seems to resolve the issue... It's a free application, you might check it out... Anyone else try this?

Holy crap, it turns the screen on when I get a txt msg! SOLD!!!

It seems that DG alerts only works for text messages. I am having trouble with alerts for my e-mail. Yesterday I could pick from any of my ringtones to set an e-mail alert. Today it only lets me pick from the ones that came on the phone. I can still use the other ringtones for the ringer, just not e-mail notifications. I rebooted but nothing has changed. Suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Intrimazz View Post
    Why this happens to a select few Allys and not all seems to suggest it is the phone itself and not a software issue. Or could it be the area you live in i.e. something messing up the phone itself? Magnetic interference? I am only guessing. Are you getting Verizon service or are you in roaming mode with roaming off and you so you get your msgs delayed which might seem like your sounds are working some times and not others? You're on your 2nd Ally and the same thing is happening is very interesting. Unlucky odds...? Could it be Android isn't playing nice? Are you absolutely sure you checked everything tied to notifications/sounds/ringers etc? Anyone else have any ideas?

I have used the phone in several areas in a 30 mile radius....Never roaming. The messages are not delayed, because the phone will still vibrate with messages or notifications, just won't play a sound. This wouldn't be the first time I've had back to back bad phones by LG. The last time was with my voyager, but they did come up with a software update that fixed the problem 7 months after I reported it. By then I had changed phones, and the one I got was nice, just really should have kept my Voyager. I really like this phone and the only other option for me right now is the Moto Droid, and I'm not as fond of it & it's square design. As it is, I check the phone periodically and when I notice it not working, I just turn it off, let it sit, then power it back up. I would much rather do that than try to learn how to use another phone, not to mention there really isn't one available. About the only thing I have left is to just use default sounds for notifications, but as of right now, if I leave the auto-update off and the 3G off it seems to last longer.

I would like to know as well who is experiencing the missing sound issue?? Also, if you have worked around it, I'd like to know what you are doing...

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links