Battery Test 1

This is a discussion on Battery Test 1 within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; This was the best I could do for now. I had golf league today so I didn't touch my phone from 1:00pm until just now ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Battery Test 1

This was the best I could do for now. I had golf league today so I didn't touch my phone from 1:00pm until just now at basically 11:00pm. I did get a missed call and voice mail message, but I never used the phone and only turned on the screen a couple of times in the last 10 hours to see if i missed any calls (it is a work phone so I needed to keep track of any messages). I have everything setup as close to what AA had except that I didn't start at 100% battery life. I was at 14%, but everything else was turned off like AA had turned off (GPS,wifi, autosync, etc.). I did not manually kill any apps either so whatever was running stayed running the whole time.

In 10 hours, my battery dropped from 14% to 8% without using any type of task killer. This is typical for what i've been seeing since I got the phone. If I don't use it for a long period of time, I barely use any battery life what-so-ever. I should also mention that after I read this thread yesterday, I tried installing a task killer and set it up exactly like AA had his setup. In 2 hours running task killer constantly, I lost 5% battery life. Now compare that to the 6% I lost in 10 hours without using a task killer.

Just as an update to what I posted last night. I charged the battery overnight and took it off the charger at 7:00am. Two hours later at 9:00am, it's still at 100% without ever using the phone. So i'd say if I didn't touch the phone all day (7:00am-10:00pm), i'd probably lose only about 5-7% battery life, if that much. So that 44% loss you experienced is really abnormal.

I think I will post every once in awhile today with what my battery percentage is at and what I have done with the phone since the last update. I'm going to try to not use it as much as I can.

Fully charged at 7:00am just as a reference:

10:00am - Still at 100% with no usage so far. Just turning on the screen to check the battery percentage.

11:00am - Still at 100%. Kind of surprised by this. Thought I would have lost 1% or 2% by now with fancy widgets updating the weather every hour.

I decided to do a factory reset on the phone. It was acting a bit odd after the recent software update plus with Joe's 4 hour test show 0% battery usage I figured there must be something else causing my battery drain than what is showing up in the Running Services option. I also re-conditioned the battery another 2 times.

I re-ran the first test where everything was turned off (Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, and Sync), made sure that there were no apps running in Running Services, and turned off the app killer, then locked the phone and left it alone all night.

Here are the results so far:

Start Time: 11:00 PM

11:00 PM 100%

6:00 AM 100%

11:00 AM 98%

1:30 PM 96%

4:30 PM 93%

11:00 PM 86%

In 24 hours, I have only lost 14%.

I did have to use the phone a couple of times for some text messages, one phone call, and I took a couple of pictures.

6:00 AM 83%

Cell Standby 53%

Time Without Signal 34%

Phone Idle 39%

Android System 8%

Display 2%
    Motorola Droid 4

That's seems a lot more accurate than the 44% loss you had last week and more in line with the battery life i'm getting. I know some people probably think i'm blowing smoke when I talk about my battery life and how well my Ally runs, but i'm really not making anything up (not implying you thought I was).

I believed you.

I am sure it is no surprise that I am a power user so battery life for me will always be low. It is why I have a charger at home, in my car, and at work.

I am running the tests mainly to find the settings that will give the best battery performance.
    Motorola Droid 4

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Interesting results, but something doesn't seem right with your tests without an app killer if you indeed didn't use your phone. Losing 44% is crazy. I don't use an app killer and I don't lose 44% of my battery in a day using the phone (that includes phone calls, texts, internet , etc.) I can't imagine losing 44% from not using it. When I don't use it, I lose maybe 5-6% from 8:00am to 10:00pm. If an app killer can save that much battery life, I may get a week out of mine if I got similar results to yours.

I plug my phone in at night when the prompt comes up. It takes anywhere from 4-7 hours to charge depending on low it is when I plug it in. I unplug it around 10am. By 3pm I am at 50% easy. My phone drains down the battery quickly. If I made a lot of phone calls or texts I would have to plug it in during the day to charge it. So I downloaded app killer and I have seen a huge improvement. I have it set to kill every 30 minutes. Today I have made about 10 calls lasting about 30 minutes total and have sent and received about 45 texts. I am only down to 70% battery life and this was unplugged from the charger at 10am this morning and it is currently 10pm. HUGE difference since downloading the app.

Mine takes 3 hours to charge from empty to 100%.

I've always said everyone should try an app killer for themselves too see their own results. Don't base it on what others say. I don't use one because I don't have a need for one. My battery lasts 2-4 days.

How do you set CDMA auto PRL/CDMA only?

There is a code you can dial but I don't remember what it is. It has been awhile since I last used it. I'll see if I can find it tonight when I get home.
    Motorola Droid 4

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links