Battery Test 1

This is a discussion on Battery Test 1 within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; I finally got a test done that I am confident is accurate. The upgrade set me back and I had to start over. One thing ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Battery Test 1

I finally got a test done that I am confident is accurate. The upgrade set me back and I had to start over. One thing I noticed is that the 50% Bug seems to have gone away so maybe they fixed it in the upgrade.

Part A -Without App Killer

Start Time: 11:00 PM

End Time: 6:00 AM

Start Battery Level: 100%

End Battery Level: 56%

Wi-Fi: Off

Bluetooth: Off

GPS: Off

Sync: Off

Screen Timeout: 1 Minute

Preferred Network Type: CDMA Auto PRL

Cell Standby: 50%

Time Without Signal: 1%

Phone Idle: 48%

Display: 2%

At the beginning of the test, I manually went into Running Services and killed all apps that I could kill.

At the end of the test, Backup Sync and Weather (The Weather Channel) were running.

I lost 44% of my battery life in 7 hours without using the phone and having everything turned off.

Part B -With App Killer (Advanced Task Killer

Start Time: 10:30 PM

End Time: 5:30 AM

Start Battery Level: 100%

End Battery Level: 96%

Wi-Fi: Off

Bluetooth: Off

GPS: Off

Sync: Off

Screen Timeout: 1 minute

Preferred Network Type: CDMA Auto PRL

Cell Standby: 50%

Time Without Signal: 0%

Phone Idle: 50%

At the beginning of the test, I set Advanced App Killer to:

Auto Kill Level: Safe

Auto Kill Frequency: Every Hour

Security Level: Medium

At the end of the test, only the weather app was running.

I lost 4% of my battery life in 7 hours without using the phone and having everything turned off but the app killer. Based on this one test, using the App Killer was definetly an improvement (44% Vs 4%).

I will be running a few more tests and will post them when they are completed. It is difficult to get accuarate tests when each day you use your phone differently. I am only posting the tests where the both parts of the test have similar usage and settings.
    Motorola Droid 4

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I didn't see an improvement on the 50% issue, but I don't have mine set to CDMA only, so I will try that again and try to recreate your results here. Thanks for taking the time to test this out. BTW did you have auto PRL or not?

--Scoob

Quote Originally Posted by scoobydoobster View Post
    I didn't see an improvement on the 50% issue, but I don't have mine set to CDMA only, so I will try that again and try to recreate your results here. Thanks for taking the time to test this out. BTW did you have auto PRL or not?

--Scoob

Thanks for catching that, it was CDMA Auto PRL and not just CDMA Only. I updated it above.
    Motorola Droid 4

Interesting results, but something doesn't seem right with your tests without an app killer if you indeed didn't use your phone. Losing 44% is crazy. I don't use an app killer and I don't lose 44% of my battery in a day using the phone (that includes phone calls, texts, internet , etc.) I can't imagine losing 44% from not using it. When I don't use it, I lose maybe 5-6% from 8:00am to 10:00pm. If an app killer can save that much battery life, I may get a week out of mine if I got similar results to yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Interesting results, but something doesn't seem right with your tests without an app killer if you indeed didn't use your phone. Losing 44% is crazy. I don't use an app killer and I don't lose 44% of my battery in a day using the phone (that includes phone calls, texts, internet , etc.) I can't imagine losing 44% from not using it. When I don't use it, I lose maybe 5-6% from 8:00am to 10:00pm. If an app killer can save that much battery life, I may get a week out of mine if I got similar results to yours.

Do you think you could run the same test as Ally and give us the same parameters that he has...do you have the update installed on your phone? Do you have backup sync running in the background. I would be curious to see if you do get that much life out of your battery why that is and how the rest of us could recreate it.

The devil is in the details, but if we could setup some sort of test criteria maybe others could do it and post their results as well.

I agree with you Joe. There is no reason why the battery life should be that bad even without the app killer. Especially with the TWS being 0%.

Since the upgrade, it appears that my battery life has gotten worse and the only app that I see running is the Backup Assistant which I don't use.

I am in the middle of my 2nd test and have been using the phone constantly for the past 2 hours (Internet, Pandora, Email, etc).
    Motorola Droid 4

Do you mean advanced task killer by ReChild, free in the market? There are a couple out there.

If I can find a time where I don't need the phone for that long, I will charge her up to 100% and see what happens. And yes, I have the v9 update installed with backup sync running. It runs automatically so I have no choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazman19 View Post
    Do you mean advanced task killer by ReChild, free in the market? There are a couple out there.

Yes, that is the app I am using.
    Motorola Droid 4

I should clarify that the running apps I am checking are the ones that show up under Running Services.

These are not the same thing as the apps that run in the background.

To view the running apps, you would go into Manage Applications, press the Menu button, touch Filter, touch running. This will show you what is really running on the phone.

The ones that fall under services are apps looking for updates, trying to sync, etc.
    Motorola Droid 4

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links