Red blinking light of doom.

This is a discussion on Red blinking light of doom. within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; Originally Posted by Ally Android There should be a one year warranty on the phone meaning you can return the phone for defects. Insurance covers ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Red blinking light of doom.

Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post
    There should be a one year warranty on the phone meaning you can return the phone for defects. Insurance covers things like dropping the phone in the toilet, forgetting you set it on the roof of your car and then you run over it, etc. If you take it in to a Verizon owned shop, they should be able to troubleshoot it to see if there is a problem. If there is, they will just replace the phone however if you ordered it on-line, they will not give you one at the store but have one delivered to you without a battery or back cover. Hmm, which means you would have to use the same battery. I would make sure that they test the battery too. I am not sure if the battery is included in the warranty.

Thanks for the info on the warranty! Yes, I think I bought it online or via the phone. If I can't get it running tonight, I'll take it to the store tomorrow. At least they can check the battery, as you mentioned. My wife said it got really hot by itself and then exhibited this behavior. So, it could be the battery has an internal short or something such as this. If the battery is flaky, I guess they can try another and if that's the case, I'll buy their no doubt ridiculously expensive replacement. I'm sure ebay has cheap ones for 1/3 the price.

Is it possible that flashing light means something other than the overheat issue? Someone had suggested that was solely what it means.

Quote Originally Posted by suleske View Post
    Thanks for the info on the warranty! Yes, I think I bought it online or via the phone. If I can't get it running tonight, I'll take it to the store tomorrow. At least they can check the battery, as you mentioned. My wife said it got really hot by itself and then exhibited this behavior. So, it could be the battery has an internal short or something such as this. If the battery is flaky, I guess they can try another and if that's the case, I'll buy their no doubt ridiculously expensive replacement. I'm sure ebay has cheap ones for 1/3 the price.

Is it possible that flashing light means something other than the overheat issue? Someone had suggested that was solely what it means.

I see ebay has the extended battery and door, LG OEM, for $45 w/ free shipping. Oddly, didn't see any regular batteries.

The phone and battery are in the refrigerator at present. Maybe if there is indeed an overheat sensor this will reset it.

Hi suleske, I'm happy to inform you that the Ally does indeed have an overheat sensor!

It's called, again, a Thermister. There are many different ones, but they are classified as one of two types, PTC or NTC. The type the Ally uses is called a Positive Temperature Coefficient or, PTC.

If you'd like to learn more about them, this will give you a quick overview.,... http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Thermistor

I am on my second battery because of this issue. The first time, I think my phone truly did overheat, as it was in my car. However, now tonight...it sits here on my nightstand beside me and the red blinking light begins. What the hell? I have only had this phone two months and am ready to throw it off the top of a building!

Oh,...another cranky member perhaps?....Just teasin laurip, try unplugging it, wait a moment, then plug it back in. Chances are it's done charging. If the light is blinking red, it's trying to tell you it's getting too hot for one reason or another. Are there a lot of things running? Got Wi-Fi and BlueTooth turned on?.....GPS....all kinds of things can be running while the phone just sits there. It's not just a phone, it's a miniature computer and does things by itself, as long as it has power. If there's a lot of tasks running, and the battery has been charging, it can get warm when the battery reaches peak charge. Or,...there could be a problem somewhere.

It's happening again!!!

I'm not confident this is a heat related issue. This time when it shut down, the phone did not feel warm. Despite that, I took the battery out and placed both the battery and the phone on the metal window sill. It's a chilly day in Minneapolis, so I figured this should do the trick.

Nope. I placed the battery back in and plugged the phone in. Same blinking light.

Good God, this is frustrating.

I'm sure you may realize this by now, but this is not just an overheating issue. My boyfriend has this problem with his phone, that I have possesion of now so I can fiddle with it. He works outside all day, and the phone was in his pocket as usual, then one night he went to make a call and it was completely unresponsive. It's currently winter in Northeast Missouri, so it's plenty cold. The phone is completely unresponsive when sitting alone, and it has a blinking red light when it is plugged in. We swapped batteries (because we have the same phone) and my battery would not turn his phone on, and my phone read his battery at 0% His phone absolutely DOES NOT turn on even when plugged in. The most you get is the red light.

Now, this is a replacement phone for one that was lost, so I'm dealing with the insurance provider, Asurion. They are great, except when I got this phone it apparently didn't have the sticker on the inside and then on the battery (I just put it together and it has never been taken apart until now), and even though it has the asurion sticker on it, those two pink stickers missing voided the warrenty, so I had to file another claim.

So, I was told to file another claim, because there is a software malfunction.... they never said anything about overheating, in fact, reading this was the first I heard about it. I can assure you the phone is cool, and it was even left outside for a little while, and nothing still.

If you continue to have this problem, I would check into getting a new one if you can. This is the first time i have ever gotten insurance on a phone, and I'm so glad I did, because this is the second time I'm using it. Asurion is really great, by the way. I called them last night around 9pm, and the new phone is already in my town on the truck for delivery.

Hope things don't continue to be an issue for you guys!

The ally will get a blinking red light for a number of reasons. Pull out the battery and let the phone cool reinstall the battery and power it back on. I have had it with the overheating problem and I have also had it while using the command prompts though sdk on the computer. Once you have done this your phone will come back up. LG Ally Rooted running velocity 1.0

red light blinking when i try to charge let sit a few hours and tryed again but still nothing but blinkin red.. what to do?

my lg ally wont cut on it blinks red then stops i dont know what to do i tryed to cool it down but nothing change.....what can i do PLEZZZZ HELP

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links