Letters on the dialpad?

This is a discussion on Letters on the dialpad? within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; I m also wondering where the letters are? To verify the Verizon account passcode I had to grab my wife's phone to figure out where ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Letters on the dialpad?

I m also wondering where the letters are? To verify the Verizon account passcode I had to grab my wife's phone to figure out where the letters are. My bank account has this as well. Is this a fix in 2.2? Or do i just need to memorize the letter standard per number or just remember the numbers? haha

Quote Originally Posted by marioval View Post
    So today I called an automated service and was asked to enter my password which is a word and I noticed the number pad on the phone dialer has no letters on it. For example the "2" on a standard phone has letters A B and C. Any way to add this?

This isn't a very good answer, but I would take a picture of a dial pad that has the letters and reference it when you have to. You can reenter the phone through the notification bar. You don't have to take a picture, you can always just bookmark it on your browser and reference it via the internet. Sorry I could not provide a better answer. -Jeff

I spent about an hour and a half last night over the course of two phone calls with Verizon tech support. We covered a couple of issues, including this one.

The tech I spoke with did not realize this bug existed -- there had not been any paperwork generated through Verizon about this problem. So he "got an Ally from the lab" and checked it out, and much to his surprise, the in-service dial pad indeed did not have the alpha characters. He updated the Verizon technical service database to include and verify that this bug exists. BTW, he also checked it out on his Droid X, and the in-service dial pad had both alpha and numeric characters, so it's an Ally problem, not a Droid-platform problem.

With verification, the tech said, LG will also be notified of the problem. Since it's not a Droid OS problem, I doubt FroYo will fix it. However, maybe LG will put it on their list of things to fix, and the next firmware upgrade will take care of it.

I too noticed it when (of all things) I was calling my verizon account. Maybe most people who yext on a non qwerty keyboard would have this memorized.

Quote Originally Posted by marioval View Post
    So today I called an automated service and was asked to enter my password which is a word and I noticed the number pad on the phone dialer has no letters on it. For example the "2" on a standard phone has letters A B and C. Any way to add this?
    I downloaded a keyboard app from the market to replace my keyboard and dialpaid and removed the old one,I think this is for rooted phones only,I will find the app later and post.

Hello,

My wife has this phone and she too has issues with the dial pad not having the letters on the dial pad once a call is in session.

Stephen

Add me to the list...I'm hoping that gets answered by an LG upgrade...soon.

Ironic: When my Ally died, Verizon sent another which I had to activate. "Please enter your account password..." I had to hangup to look at the letters on the dialpad, write them down and call back.

Why don't you use the physical keyboard? My phone has the same issue, but I use that keyboard for when I need to enter alpha numeric passwords.

Good idea! Never tried that.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links