Can not change ringtone

This is a discussion on Can not change ringtone within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; Help!!! For some reason I can not get my ringtone to change. I have gone through the standard procedure... Settings, Sound & Display, Phone RIngtone, ...

Thread: Can not change ringtone

Help!!! For some reason I can not get my ringtone to change. I have gone through the standard procedure... Settings, Sound & Display, Phone RIngtone, then I select a ringtone and press "ok". I turn the phone off (Or not... It makes no difference) and when the phone rings again it's the same ringtone as before I "changed" it.

I have tried removing the battery for a couple of minutes before attempting to change the ringtone, as I saw in one suggestion. I have tried long-pressing a song title and "making it the default ringtone". And, I have even downloaded "Ringdroid" in an attempt to get my ringtone to change.

NOTHING has worked. Has anyone else experienced the same problem? And, if so, have you been able to solve it?

Thanks.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Duh! It appears that I am too stupid to live... I have "solved" my ring tone problem on my own. I was able to change my default ring tone all along.

I was using my brother's phone to test my ring tone each time I changed it. Well, I had given my brother's number it's own ring tone, and that, of course, was the one that kept playing no matter what default I set.

LOL... I reiterate... I'm a freakin' idiot. Well, I hope, at least, that my experience can help other incredibly stupid people that might have the same "problem"!

(And, it only took my 3 days to figure it out!!!)

Sorry bepine, your op got missed somehow. Glad you were able to figure it out.
    Motorola Droid 4

Thanks, A-man. I love this phone. I just wish it wasn't quite so much smarter than I am.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links