Merging Contacts Button

This is a discussion on Merging Contacts Button within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; I am trying to figure out if there is a way to merge contacts. I have several entries in my contacts that apply to the ...

Thread: Merging Contacts Button

I am trying to figure out if there is a way to merge contacts. I have several entries in my contacts that apply to the same person, for example Bob (1) has phone number and address, while Bob (2) has email address. I know I can manually add them together, but I was just wondering if there is a way to merge them, because it would take me hours otherwise.

I believe the Env touch had a merging option. Anyone run across this problem/found a way to solve it?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Yes you can. You may want to do it with the computer so you can see more than 1 entry at a time, though. Plus Google has an auto button that you can then confirm each merging.

In the phone, open the contact to be "Joined" into another contact. Hit the Menu button. Touch Edit Contact. Touch Menu again, then Touch "Join." Now if the target contact information isn't under suggested, Touch 'Show all contacts' to scroll and find the right contact.

Note the 1st contact you open and Join will go into the 2nd target contact. So, if the person was under Bob and Robert and you wanted to use Robert first edit the contact name Bob to Join Robert and Robert will be used.

Oh yeah- You cannot edit the information synced from Facebook. So I suggest you put Facebook contact info into Google Contacts of the same name so you can edit the name shown, if needed.

You can reverse the process to separate previously merged contacts.

Thank you! I wasn't hitting menu again when I was under edit contact, so that was the step I missed. Thank you!

I'm hoping you can help me - I can pull info from Google into my contacts, but changes I make to my contacts on the phone do not sync back to google. Any ideas?

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links