Security Lock

This is a discussion on Security Lock within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; I'm finding that the security touch lock pattern thing is a little less secure than I would really like it to be. Is there an ...

Thread: Security Lock

I'm finding that the security touch lock pattern thing is a little less secure than I would really like it to be. Is there an application or a setting that I could set a 4 digit code to lock this phone? Anyone else feel this way?!? My blackberry had an entire qwerty keyboard to pick a security code. It was a crap phone, but it was a secure crap phone.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

This should be resolved with the Android 2.2 Update. Unfortunately, the date for us is still TBA.

There may be an app until then but I don't recall reading about anything... well, memorable.

Thanks, I find myself neurotically wiping the screen free of my smudge pattern...Can't wait for the update. I have also googled my little heart out looking for a remedy and have found nothing...

Android Sr Member blackmetalbuick's Avatar
    You really worry that someone would figure out your pattern by looking at the smudges on the screen? I dunno about that.

I was unable to find any useful apps for you either.

Like Qasar said, the next version of Android will still have the pattern option, plus "Pin" and "Password" unlock methods. Hopefully we get 2.2 soon.
    LG Ally - SW V 8 - Rooted - Velocity 0.3

If you are that worried about security, I would suggest buying an app called App Protector Pro ($1.99) or using App Lock (free). These apps allow you to password protect any other app on your phone. That way if someone gets ahold of your phone, they cannot open apps that you don't want them to. Downside is that you have to enter a password to run any of the protected apps.

I just downloaded App Lock to try it out. I need something to lock the browser since you can never get rid of all of the browser history. (Yes, I have tried History Eraser but that doesn't clear the back button in the browser.)

Just done a review for this app on my website and I give it 3 out of 5 droids. I didn't like the fact that when I changed my password it gave a notification telling me that the password was changed. That wouldn't be too bad except that my new password was in the notification.
    Motorola Droid 4

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links