can't delete pictures or albums!

This is a discussion on can't delete pictures or albums! within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; I have been trying to delete pictures from my phone as i am being told I have "low storage space available". I successfully loaded the ...

Thread: can't delete pictures or albums!

I have been trying to delete pictures from my phone as i am being told I have "low storage space available". I successfully loaded the pictures to my computer, and am following the directions of select album or photos to delete. The directions then say to hit the delete button which is the bottom center of the screen,a nd this I can not see or find! Please help. It is crazy that i would have low storage already with maybe 65 pictures, but I am willing to empty the card since I have the pics stored elsewhere.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Google Advertisement
    Android.net is the premier Android Forum on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by AmyR View Post
    I have been trying to delete pictures from my phone as i am being told I have "low storage space available". I successfully loaded the pictures to my computer, and am following the directions of select album or photos to delete. The directions then say to hit the delete button which is the bottom center of the screen,a nd this I can not see or find! Please help. It is crazy that i would have low storage already with maybe 65 pictures, but I am willing to empty the card since I have the pics stored elsewhere.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Hey Amy,

First, you pictures are stored on your SD Card which has nothing to do with the "Low Storage" warning you are getting. Deleting the photos will not help. Second, to delete a picture you have to "Long Touch" it until you see the three options at the bottom of the screen: Share, Delete, and More.

Now on to your real issue, low storage space. Do you do a lot of texting? or Emails? If you do, every text message or email in your Inbox or Trash folder are stored on the phone's memory. You would need to start by removing any unwanted ones. Another thing is to remove any apps that you downloaded that you really don't need. One thing I like to do is to sort my installed apps by size and look at getting rid of the one with that is taking up the most space.

Here is a couple of other threads that have more information that might help: Memory and Delete Old Emails
    Motorola Droid 4

Thanks, see the problem is that I don't get the "delete" option, I only get Share and More. Strange, I know!

As for the storage, I did delete some apps, though i have very little on the phone. I checked the SD Card & phone Storage setting and it says I have 14.83GB Total Space and 14.81GB Available space, so clearly there is space available. I am going to chalk that message up to another glitch I am experiencing (like slowness and freezing in apps). Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post
    Hey Amy,

First, you pictures are stored on your SD Card which has nothing to do with the "Low Storage" warning you are getting. Deleting the photos will not help. Second, to delete a picture you have to "Long Touch" it until you see the three options at the bottom of the screen: Share, Delete, and More.

Now on to your real issue, low storage space. Do you do a lot of texting? or Emails? If you do, every text message or email in your Inbox or Trash folder are stored on the phone's memory. You would need to start by removing any unwanted ones. Another thing is to remove any apps that you downloaded that you really don't need. One thing I like to do is to sort my installed apps by size and look at getting rid of the one with that is taking up the most space.

Here is a couple of other threads that have more information that might help: Memory and Delete Old Emails

Quote Originally Posted by AmyR View Post
    Thanks, see the problem is that I don't get the "delete" option, I only get Share and More. Strange, I know!

As for the storage, I did delete some apps, though i have very little on the phone. I checked the SD Card & phone Storage setting and it says I have 14.83GB Total Space and 14.81GB Available space, so clearly there is space available. I am going to chalk that message up to another glitch I am experiencing (like slowness and freezing in apps). Oh well.

Hmm, that is strange about the photos.

You need a minimum of 17 GB free on the phone. Any lower than that and you will start getting the low storage message.
    Motorola Droid 4

You need a minimum of 17 GB free on the phone. Any lower than that and you will start getting the low storage message.

I'm having the same trouble... it's just Blogger photos, photos I've put on my google blog, that don't have the delete option. I've even deleted them from the blog, but they are still on the phone. Pictures I've taken with the camera or have just saved from email or txt have the delete option... need help with the blog pics though... thanks

Quote Originally Posted by noreen View Post
    I'm having the same trouble... it's just Blogger photos, photos I've put on my google blog, that don't have the delete option. I've even deleted them from the blog, but they are still on the phone. Pictures I've taken with the camera or have just saved from email or txt have the delete option... need help with the blog pics though... thanks

I answered you in your other thread, please don't double post.
    Motorola Droid 4

AA means 17 MB Free.

noreen, I believe the issue you are having is that the pictures are not in your phone. They are linked to Picasa, the free Google Picture Storage Application. Check out your Picasa profile and edit the settings or delete the pictures there.

Ads