Missing Home Wifi

This is a discussion on Missing Home Wifi within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; The first week I had my Ally, it saw my home wi-fi no problem. After that - nothing. It can see it - it just ...

Thread: Missing Home Wifi

The first week I had my Ally, it saw my home wi-fi no problem. After that - nothing. It can see it - it just can't connect - its gets hung up on "obtaining IP address...".

Suggestions?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Reboot your wireless router then try again to connect.

Nope, that didn't work. Any other suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by marioval View Post
    Reboot your wireless router then try again to connect.

Have you turned off and restarted the phone? I found this helped my WiFi connection after messing with the settings.

If not, have you cycled your connection? Basically it is like when you connected the router the first time. Unplug the devices. When you reconnect let each establish a connection before connecting the next device.

BTW, even when I have no WiFi notification on the top of the phone I know I am connected because some things that claim to work on WiFi only still work. Also, the phone defaults to 3G over WiFi according to the manual.

Nope... tried that too. The Ally seems to be able to find every wi--fi spot in the state, except for the one sitting in the middle of my house. Actually - it can see it, and "remembers" it (back when it used to work) - it just gives up after trying to obtain an IP address.

Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Qasar View Post
    Have you turned off and restarted the phone? I found this helped my WiFi connection after messing with the settings.

If not, have you cycled your connection? Basically it is like when you connected the router the first time. Unplug the devices. When you reconnect let each establish a connection before connecting the next device.

BTW, even when I have no WiFi notification on the top of the phone I know I am connected because some things that claim to work on WiFi only still work. Also, the phone defaults to 3G over WiFi according to the manual.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links