New LG Ally Vibrate Issue

This is a discussion on New LG Ally Vibrate Issue within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; Hey everyone, I'm hoping someone on this forum can help me out. Last Tuesday, my girlfriend bought a brand new LG ally. As soon as ...

Thread: New LG Ally Vibrate Issue

Hey everyone, I'm hoping someone on this forum can help me out.

Last Tuesday, my girlfriend bought a brand new LG ally. As soon as we turned it on, we were prompted to install a new update (the LG update, version 8).

The phone then worked perfectly for 4 days. Now though, vibrate doesn't work at all. We noticed the problem after I tried to turn on vibrate notifications for her text messaging. It did not work. Then I noticed that the haptic feedback no longer worked. I doubled checked to make sure both options were checked, and the volume was not muted.

Her sounds and ringtones still work perfectly. She hasn't installed too many apps (a couple of games, tikl, a few official apps). I've rebooted the phone multiple times and pulled the battery out for thirty seconds. I've also removed the SD card.

Is it for sure the version 8 update caused this issue or should we return the phone?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Try doing a factory reset on the phone. How To Reset
    Motorola Droid 4

Do you think that will resolve the issue? Or will this happen again, because of something with the version 8 software?

Android Sr Member blackmetalbuick's Avatar
    Hm.... hearing that vibrate notifications were not working and then also noticing that haptic feedback no longer buzzes, it almost seems like the motor inside might have failed.

But a factory reset couldn't hurt. Hopefully in those 4 days of normal usage, you didn't accumulate too much data on the phone that will get erased during the reset. I believe pictures and stuff goes on the SD card so those should still be there after a reset.

Give it a try, but with two entirely different functions no longer working, it almost sounds like hardware issues.
    LG Ally - SW V 8 - Rooted - Velocity 0.3

Ok, I really think this is a software issue now. We turned off the option for vibrate in text messaging, and now the haptic feedback works again.

And now the vibrate has stopped again. I just don't understand. Fix this LG!

Have you tried the factory reset yet? When the phone starts doing things that don't make any sense and all other options have failed doing a factory reset is you best option. If that doesn't work, then I would take it back to Verizon and have them replace it.
    Motorola Droid 4

Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post
    Have you tried the factory reset yet? When the phone starts doing things that don't make any sense and all other options have failed doing a factory reset is you best option. If that doesn't work, then I would take it back to Verizon and have them replace it.

No we haven't done it yet. The only reason I haven't is because in my research online, other people are having this exact same problem. They do a factory reset and it works for a day or so, and then it quits working again.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixus View Post
    No we haven't done it yet. The only reason I haven't is because in my research online, other people are having this exact same problem. They do a factory reset and it works for a day or so, and then it quits working again.

LOL, well good luck with your problem.
    Motorola Droid 4

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links