Email Notification

This is a discussion on Email Notification within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; Since a few days after getting my Ally (have had it for 3 months now and it's updated once) I've been having problems with my ...

Thread: Email Notification

Since a few days after getting my Ally (have had it for 3 months now and it's updated once) I've been having problems with my email notification. Every time I receive a new email the green light comes on, the phone vibrates and the little email notification icon appears on the screen, that's all well and good seeing as that's what's supposed to happen. My problem is that after I read the email and delete it my phone does the same thing again, going off like I have a new one only I don't. It doesn't matter how many new emails I have either, if I have 2 I read/delete them and then the phone notifies me again as if I just received 2 more new emails. Any help? It's extremely annoying as I have my school email synced and I keep thinking I have new important emails when I don't. Did I even explain this well enough? Thanks in advance!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Which email app are you using? Have you tried to delete and then re-add your account? (Doubt if this would help but you never know.) Have you tried to reboot the phone? (or take out the battery wait a few minutes and then restart it.)

If all else fails, try a factory reset.

Motorola Droid 4

Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post
    Which email app are you using? Have you tried to delete and then re-add your account? (Doubt if this would help but you never know.) Have you tried to reboot the phone? (or take out the battery wait a few minutes and then restart it.)

If all else fails, try a factory reset.

I'm using the email app that came with the phone. I deleted my account for a day then just added it back on. It's a little different now and it doesn't even notify me anymore when I get an email. I will try taking out the battery and if that doesn't for I will try the factory reboot. Thanks!

So, I have the same issue! After reading my Yahoo email, I delete the emails and approx 15 mins later the emails return as if they were new. I'm using the stock email app and love the idea of combined accounts in the same app. This only seems to be a problem with my Yahoo account. I guess we must remember that the LG Ally is a Google supported device and Google & Yahoo are not allies!!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links