Contacts...

This is a discussion on Contacts... within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; All my contacts are backed up in backup assistant but none are listed in my gmail account...Is there anyway to get the two to sync ...

Thread: Contacts...

All my contacts are backed up in backup assistant but none are listed in my gmail account...Is there anyway to get the two to sync or do I have to add them all manually? I would rather have them in gmail since BA has already lost all my contacts once and I dont wanna let it happen again.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I'm not sure if this will solve your problem or not, but it's worth a shot. When I activated my Ally, I downloaded my contacts from Backup Assistant, and synched the phone to Facebook. When I did that, many of my friends wound up having double contact info -- the Facebook entry and the BA entry -- because the two entries didn't agree perfectly. When I tried to edit the FB contact entry, it told me I couldn't edit it. However, if you hit the hard menu button at this point, it will give you the option to "join" contacts, so I went through and joined all the pairs of duplicated accounts. It was a pain to have to do each pair manually, but once done, it was pretty slick.

Hope that helps.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links