facebook notifications not not working

This is a discussion on facebook notifications not not working within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; The last few days, when use my Facebook shortcut and go into notifications and hit refresh, it says can not pull up notifications and has ...

Thread: facebook notifications not not working

The last few days, when use my Facebook shortcut and go into notifications and hit refresh, it says can not pull up notifications and has an error code. Is anyone else having this problem? Is there a fix? When I go to news feed, it works fine. Same with inbox, profile and photos. Its just notifications that's not working or refreshing.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by nicolett80 View Post
    The last few days, when use my Facebook shortcut and go into notifications and hit refresh, it says can not pull up notifications and has an error code. Is anyone else having this problem? Is there a fix? When I go to news feed, it works fine. Same with inbox, profile and photos. Its just notifications that's not working or refreshing.

What Does the error code say?

it says " Cannot retrieve the notifications. Please try again later. [ 601 / Parser error: unexpected ' - ' at position 64. ] "

This is a pretty common error with the default app. A lot of people have been complaining about it for months.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/mot...tifying-2.html

http://androidforums.com/htc-hero/34...error-etc.html

I have not seen any solution but one user said that when they went to the market and downloaded the latest version of FB that it stopped getting the error.
    Motorola Droid 4

OK thanks. I will try that.

Also, just wanted to say, always before I start a new thread, I always do a search first using many different keywords. But, I usually have a very difficult time finding what I'm looking for. Just wanted to put that out there so people didn't think I just post without searching first.

The way I got around that error code is to hit the menu button, log out and log back on. But as Ally Android says, look for the lastest app from the market place.

Quote Originally Posted by nicolett80 View Post
    OK thanks. I will try that.

Also, just wanted to say, always before I start a new thread, I always do a search first using many different keywords. But, I usually have a very difficult time finding what I'm looking for. Just wanted to put that out there so people didn't think I just post without searching first.

This topic has not been discussed before on this board so your in the clear this time.
    Motorola Droid 4

This has been happening to me as well lately. I can confirm that an install to the upgraded app fixes the problem. New problem with the upgraded app is that the widget doesn't work! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Tazman19 View Post
    This has been happening to me as well lately. I can confirm that an install to the upgraded app fixes the problem. New problem with the upgraded app is that the widget doesn't work! Lol

I didn't have the problem mentioned by Nicolett, but upgraded to latest version of Facebook for Android anyway. But the upgrade wouldn't let me upload pictures to Facebook. Or to put it more accurately, after I upgraded, I lost the capability to upload photos to FB. The uploads would start and never finish, nor could I find any way to retry the uploads.

I uninstalled the upgrade last night, but haven't tried to upload a picture today. I'm hoping it worked, and I'll be curious to see whether anyone else finds this new problem when they update.

Frankly, I find the Facebook for Android widget to be completely lame. It never seemed to update properly, and just in general is clunky and lacking in polish. It feels like they pawned it off on a summer intern to write. I programmed m.facebook.com into my favorite-pages widget, and use that almost exclusively.

I agree John. I find myself going into the mobile site using Dolphin HD more and more myself.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links