Text message problem

This is a discussion on Text message problem within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; Hello everyone, I am recently the new owner of the LG Ally and so far so good!! haha. My problem is however, I have been ...

Thread: Text message problem

Hello everyone, I am recently the new owner of the LG Ally and so far so good!! haha. My problem is however, I have been texting my friend all day and just recently I haven't been able to receive messages from her. There wasn't any notification of this or anything stating the problem. Asked her to send me another text and still haven't received it yet? Any ideas as to why this is happening? Thanks in advance everyone.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Perhaps another *228 is in order??

Could you have gone over whatever limit you have set for text messages? By default, you will store 200 messages. But you can change this in settings. You can also set the deletion of old messages when this limit is reached.

(I am not sure what notification, if any, you get when this happens. I just read about it. It might be found with Search.)

Thanks for the replies, and Qasar, ya I tried that and everything else I could. Sat down with the phone for a while and pretty much learned a lot about the phone. However, turns out it was as easy as taking out the battery and leaving it out for a couple of minutes and re-booting it back up. Once the phone turned back on and was at home I received all my message that I didn't in the past. I thought my phone was going to explode or something haha. Guess it just had some kind of glitch in the system I suppose.

Glad it is resolved. Did you try to power off and restart the phone? Sometimes that helps me and I am much more comfortable with turning off and on the phone than touching the battery. Only once did the power button not respond, forcing me to reboot via battery removal... so far.

Actually, now that I am reminded of it, I did a restart for a stuck "Incoming Text Message" notice that happens on-screen (the grey background sentence two-thirds down the screen). It just would not clear itself.

I actually did not try turning it off, just went with what the pops told me and that was taking the battery out.

I do now have another issue though (didn't want to start another thread if I didn't have to). The setting that you check for having it vibrate wheb you touch the screen is not working, and yes it is checked. Any ideas as to why this would happen? I tried checking all the settings throughout the phone and still no answer and hopefully I can find some help on here first before I take the battery out for every little thing. Thanks again.

A lack of Haptic Feedback has not been an issue for me. Though when I turned off Haptic Feedback I instantly realized how I missed the vibration and turned it back on. I know it is covered in these forums somewhere. Unfortunately, I don't remember where it is. You are talking about Settings > Sound & Display > Haptic Feedback, right?

Yes, that's it and it is also checked but for some reason the vibration isn't there when I push on the touch pad.

Might try just restarting the phone. Double check the setting ,.. gettin good vibes? Does the screen react?

Let us know

One other thing, even if you have haptic turned off,....when you dial a number it still does it. The phone is made that way.

When i have it checked, it still does not react (touch pad vibrate does not work)...Anyone else have a problem with getting the battery out? that thing is a pain in my $^% haha.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links