"Semi" Common constant re-sets

This is a discussion on "Semi" Common constant re-sets within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; Greetings again, I regrettably come with a new problem. After doing some searching here and speaking to a rep at customer service, my phone is ...

Thread: "Semi" Common constant re-sets

Greetings again,

I regrettably come with a new problem.

After doing some searching here and speaking to a rep at customer service, my phone is probably a bad unit.

I come here to quick double check possibly clear things up and maybe offer some advice outside of what a provider will tell me.

The phone randomly and often (10 times a day around) force closes are even more common during use. Use would be pulling up emails. A rare voice call and light internet uses (mostly to check MLB scores.) I mention that due to the fact I was told MLB.com might be part of the problem so I tried other sites and an app that sends alerts during score changes. Sadly the OS doesn't work with my MLB tv package I'm told so I'm forced to do it that way for when I'm on the go. So I'd rule out the MLB.com being part of the problem as I tried other ways and the lock ups and restarts are just as common.

Now what I'd like to know is any advice for the agent as I go in person to return/repair etc this phone? Speaking to the provider on the phone they will want to see the problem replicated. So figuring 10 times a day is once every 2 and a half hours (touch less but to give some wiggle room). I doubt they will see it unless timing is "right". This presents a problem as I've read the lock ups are a common hint to the CPU being bad. I might not know a hard drive from a blu ray, but I can tell that is a bad thing.

Is there a way to make it crash? Is there a log of crashes like a full operating system? Will the store rep try to crash it for me to see if it's the problem?

Just while the topic is at hand, I heard they will try to give me another Ally that's a CPO. (pre owned). I'm not exactly sure that's the best route for me, and since the topic is up, any way to trade phone kinds? The touch screen has been problematic for me and I'm still learning it. I don't get to use 99.5% of the potential. So I'd really like to swap away from this. If I can't I do know the 2.2 update is coming soon and hopefully that will make the phone more enjoyable.

In other news, my battery life is still rather poor but the charging problem was due to using the USB. Wall charged it's fine, I've not tried a car charger yet but it does snyc in with the bluetooth in my car flawlessly.

Thank you for your time and forgive me for being the cause of another head ache,

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by none View Post
    Greetings again,

I regrettably come with a new problem.

After doing some searching here and speaking to a rep at customer service, my phone is probably a bad unit.

I come here to quick double check possibly clear things up and maybe offer some advice outside of what a provider will tell me.

The phone randomly and often (10 times a day around) force closes are even more common during use. Use would be pulling up emails. A rare voice call and light internet uses (mostly to check MLB scores.) I mention that due to the fact I was told MLB.com might be part of the problem so I tried other sites and an app that sends alerts during score changes. Sadly the OS doesn't work with my MLB tv package I'm told so I'm forced to do it that way for when I'm on the go. So I'd rule out the MLB.com being part of the problem as I tried other ways and the lock ups and restarts are just as common.

Now what I'd like to know is any advice for the agent as I go in person to return/repair etc this phone? Speaking to the provider on the phone they will want to see the problem replicated. So figuring 10 times a day is once every 2 and a half hours (touch less but to give some wiggle room). I doubt they will see it unless timing is "right". This presents a problem as I've read the lock ups are a common hint to the CPU being bad. I might not know a hard drive from a blu ray, but I can tell that is a bad thing.

Is there a way to make it crash? Is there a log of crashes like a full operating system? Will the store rep try to crash it for me to see if it's the problem?

Just while the topic is at hand, I heard they will try to give me another Ally that's a CPO. (pre owned). I'm not exactly sure that's the best route for me, and since the topic is up, any way to trade phone kinds? The touch screen has been problematic for me and I'm still learning it. I don't get to use 99.5% of the potential. So I'd really like to swap away from this. If I can't I do know the 2.2 update is coming soon and hopefully that will make the phone more enjoyable.

In other news, my battery life is still rather poor but the charging problem was due to using the USB. Wall charged it's fine, I've not tried a car charger yet but it does snyc in with the bluetooth in my car flawlessly.

Thank you for your time and forgive me for being the cause of another head ache,

I'm sorry for the issue you are seeing. I have seen some other Allys that seem to be rebooting during normal operation. This, obviously, is not normal. Most of those effected seem to be in more or less rural areas where the Ally stuggles to get a 3G connection.... Just my guess. But you're not alone. LG is working hard on getting a software update to the field that will resolve these issues.

Warranty repair? Ye it will most likely be replaced with a Refurbished unit, but I've seen the facility where they process them and they do a good job. Most are just over stock that can't be sold as new.

If you are within your 30 days, you can return it to Verizon and they will exchange it for you. With there "Worry Free" policy you can choose a different phone it you want... It sort of sounds like you're not really in need of a Smart Phone, if that's the case maybe a good "Feature" phone would work for you.

Let me know what else I can do to help.

I have owned my Ally for 31 days now -- so yesterday was my drop-dead day for exchanging the phone. I weighed everything (including the $150 cost to upgrade to the Incredible, Droid X or Droid 2) and decided I'm pretty happy with my Ally.

In the first couple of weeks, I had several instances where there would be a perceptible lag in a performing a task, and about the time it actually performed the task, one of the floating, gray messages would pop up and tell me that there was a system error, and did I want to end the task or wait. Of course, if I hit wait, the screen went away and the task had been performed.

I also had a few outright system crashes and reboots. These happened most frequently in Google Nav. If I wanted to make my phone struggle on command, I'd go to Google Nav first.

However, in the last couple of weeks, these occurrences have almost completely ceased. My phone is now operating in a very stable manner. In the last 10 days or so, I have had very few crashes or near crashes. I honestly think the OS and the hardware and firmware need a bit of settling in. This might totally erroneous, but I can't deny that my phone's performance has consistently improved while I've had it. And I will also admit that some of my problems were from operator error -- the Droid OS does have a learning curve.

Also, prior to buying my Ally, I was fortunate enough to be able to use a fully functional demo for about three weeks. It wasn't a new Ally, but one Verizon makes available in a very limited way. So it had some "miles" on it, and it was also very stable. That phone might have crashed once while I had it.

On the subject of refurbs, a couple of years ago I had a Samsung Alias that was stolen and replaced through insurance with a refurb. Then I had to replace the refurb with another refurb. I was not totally satisfied with either refurb.

LG Pro,

Thank you for your advice and I did give into the 30 day return policy. The crashes were just too constant to want to keep a unit like this. Even a healthy one presented so many issues someone who doesn't want or need (but is required to have) a smart phone I felt a swap in devices would be the most logical choice.

Bright side now I have something new to dislike and break with bad luck.

Also thanks to the sale my employer will be refunded a decent amount and hopefully I can weasel some of that into my own coffers.

John,

I have not even tried the nav program, and the resets kept getting more if not just as common. I can't say the more I learned the OS the amount reduced. Heck on the line with VWZ tech my phone reset. After my temper settled (going back into a queue for tech help again) I found it to be amusing.

I've not had the phone the full 30 even and vwz was quite helpful in sorting and testing if it's user or phone. They did state 10-15% of the Allys are just going to do this, can't be helped. I had all the symptoms and they would have replaced it with a new ally since it was under 30 days anything longer or more would be a pre used.

I found enough issues with an Ally healthy and could save my company cash and myself headaches I felt going to another device was the best option in this case.

I do want to thank everyone for their time and effort put into me and this site, that is a wealth of information to the owners users and prospective buyers of this phone.

Why am I not surprised to hear this?

Hope you have better luck on your next phone.

Minty, you have to change your slogan now.
    Motorola Droid 4

Post Google Promo:Apple iPhone 4G 32 GB$230,Acer Tempo DX900$170,BlackBerry Bold 9700$200

........PROMO................. .....PROMO.................... ...PROMO...................

FINAACOM LIMITED, with UK Govt. Approved Registered no.05759065 is one of the World Wide largest electronic distributor and is generally regarded as offering the best deals contract on the web.
    We offer great variety of newly-released, branded electronic products ranging from laptops, mobile phones, plasma / lcd tv, mp3 & mp4 players, video games console, digital cameras, dvd players, dj equipment (etc) at discounted rates.

We shipout worldwide through Professional and reliable courier company e.g FEDEX EXPRESS , DHL and UPS within 48hrs of contract sealed .
    Customers never experience what is called Breach of contract since our operation. Fidelity guarantee our service , our product are 100% international waranty and guarantee .
    Contact us today for your order at our marketing..

Email us At : Fincom@kelebek.gen.tr

We look forward in placing your Order with Us
    and giving you the most competent services as we are Using this
    Medium to look for Buyers Of various Electronics Product we Stock.

Email us At :Fincom@kelebek.gen.tr

Our phones are imported from Finland,Hungary and Singapore; they are factory sealed with original packets with complete accessory, e.g.
    charger, extra battery and software c d.
    The phones are sim free and it’s never lock to any network.
    specification: (europeans/usa-specifications) general network gsm 900/gsm 1800/gsm 1900 platform – tri band
    (gsm900 1800 1900 MHz: country of manufactured origin: Finland,Hungary and Singapore.

We Have got great Offer Which’s buy Any 2 Products and get 1 for Free Including Free Shipment To your Door Step.

COMPANY FULL DETAILS.
    Contact name : Mr. Macedo Paulo
    Company name : FINAACOM LIMITED
    Email us At : fincom@kelebek.gen.tr
    Registered No 04529224

—————————————————————–

Hours of operation:FINAACOM LIMITED
    Monday – Thursday 8:00am – 9:00pm EST
    Friday 9:00am – 8:00pm EST
    Saturday Sunday- 9:00am – 8:00pm EST.
    —————————————————————–

Make It Happen : Be (1) Of Our First (50) Customers to Purchase (2items) And You Get 1Free Item...

Shipping fees : Free shipping for bulk purchase : FedEx, DHL or UPS
    Delivery Time : 2 days maximum.

Apple iPhone:
    Apple iPhone 4G 32 GB----$230
    Apple iPhone 4G 16 GB----$210
    Apple iPhone 3GS 16GB---$165
    Apple iPhone 3GS 32GB---$180

Apple Tablet iPad 64GB (Wi-Fi + 3G) .....$200usd
    Apple Tablet iPad 32GB (Wi-Fi + 3G) ....$180usd
    Apple Tablet iPad 16GB (Wi-Fi + 3G).....$160usd

Eten:
    Acer neoTouch S200 $250
    Acer beTouch E200 $220
    Acer BeTouch E100 $200
    Acer BeTouch E100 $190
    Acer Tempo DX900 -$170
    Eten glofiish X610 $135
    Eten glofiish V900 $235
    Eten glofiish X900 $185
    Eten glofiish DX900 $165

BlackBerry:
    BlackBerry Pearl 3G 9100---$240
    BlackBerry Pearl 3G 9105---$230
    BlackBerry Bold 9650---$220
    BlackBerry Slider ----$210
    BlackBerry Bold 9700----$200
    BlackBerry Storm2 9550---$150
    BlackBerry Storm2 9520--$150
    BlackBerry Tour 9630----$125
    BlackBerry Curve 8520---$120
    Blackberry Curve 8900 -- $110
    Blackberry Storm 9500 -- $115
    Blackberry Storm 9530 -- $115
    Blackberry Pearl Flip 8220 -- $110
    Blackberry Bold 9000 -- $125
    Blackberry Curve 8320 -- $115

HTC:
    HTC Evo 4G..$235
    HTC Aria--$230
    HTC Wildfire---$220
    HTC Desire----$210
    HTC HD mini--$210
    HTC Legend---$200
    HTC Google Nexus One---$200
    HTC Smart-----$200
    HTC HD2-----$200
    HTC Pure---$190
    HTC Tattoo---$190
    HTC Touch2---$190
    HTC Ozone ----$180
    HTC Hero---$180
    HTC Magic---$180
    HTC Snap-----$180
    HTC Touch Diamond 2--$145
    HTC Touch Pro2 -- $145
    HTC Dream -- $125
    HTC Touch Cruise 09 -- $125

Nokia:
    Nokia E73 Mode----$240
    Nokia X5-01----$220
    Nokia 5233----$220
    Nokia X6 8GB----$220
    Nokia N8----$210
    Nokia C6---$210
    Nokia C3---$210
    Nokia E5---$200
    Nokia X6 16GB---$200
    Nokia 5330 Mobile TV Edition---$200
    Nokia 6788---$230
    Nokia X3---$230
    Nokia X6----$220
    Nokia 5230----$155
    Nokia N97 mini----$180
    Nokia 5800 Navigation Edition--$175
    Nokia 6760 slide----$220
    Nokia 6790 Surge--$230
    Nokia N900----$220
    Nokia 5530 XpressMusic--$178
    Nokia E72---$210
    Nokia N86------$230
    Nokia N97 32GB---$175

Samsung:
    Samsung Vibrant----$240
    Samsung B7722----$230
    Samsung I5800 Galaxy 3----$220
    Samsung I5500 Galaxy 5----$220
    Samsung S5250 Wave 2----$210
    Samsung S5330 Wave 2 Pro----$210
    Samsung B6520 Omnia PRO 5----$210
    Samsung M110S Galaxy S----$210
    Samsung B7350 Omnia PRO 4----$210
    Samsung i897 Captivate----$200
    Samsung Smiley----$200
    Samsung T479 Gravity 3----$200
    Samsung T669 Gravity T----$200
    Samsung C5010 Squash----$200
    Samsung C3300K Champ----$200
    Samsung W960 AMOLED 3D---$200
    Samsung Galaxy A---$200
    Samsung I9000 Galaxy S---$200
    Samsung I6500U Galaxy---$200
    Samsung M5650 Lindy--$200
    Samsung I8520 Beam---$200
    Samsung S8500 Wave--$200

Windows Phone:
    Windows Phone 7 -----$400

Sony Ericsson:
    Sony Ericsson S003---$250
    Sony Ericsson BRAVIA S004---$240
    Sony Ericsson Yendo---$240
    Sony Ericsson Cedar---$230
    Sony Ericsson XPERIA X8---$230
    Sony Ericsson Vivaz----$220
    Sony Ericsson Aspen---$220
    Sony Ericsson Vivaz pro---$220
    Sony Ericsson XPERIA X10 mini---$220
    Sony Ericsson XPERIA X10 mini pro--$215
    Sony Ericsson Spiro---$215
    Sony Ericsson Zylo----$210
    Sony Ericsson XPERIA Pureness--$200
    Sony Ericsson XPERIA X10---$190
    Sony Ericsson XPERIA X2--$180
    Sony Ericsson Aino---$165
    Sony Ericsson Idou-----$175
    Sony Ericsson C510 -- $165
    Sony Ericsson P1 -- $125
    Sony Ericsson C905 -- $145
    Sony Ericsson W960 -- $130
    Sony Ericsson G900 -- $150
    Sony Ericsson XPERIA X1 -- $155
    Sony Ericsson C902 -- $130
    Sony Ericsson W902 -- $145

Sony Ericsson Walkman Players:
    Sony Ericsson 32GB X Series Walkman MP3 Player $160
    Sony Ericsson 16GB X Series Walkman MP3 Player $120
    Sony Ericsson 16GB S Series Walkman Video MP3 Player $100
    Sony Ericsson 8GB S Series Walkman Video MP3 Player $96

CYBER-SHOT DIGITAL CAMERAS
    Sony a230 DSLR Camera and Two Lenses $300
    Sony a330 DSLR Camera and Lenses $ 210
    Sony a380 DSLR Camera and Two Lenses $300
    Cyber-shotฎ Digital Camera G3 $250
    Cyber-shotฎ Digital Camera TX1 $180
    Cyber-shotฎ Digital Camera T90 $180
    Cyber-shotฎ Digital Camera WX1/B $180
    Cyber-shotฎ Digital Camera W290 $170
    Cyber-shotฎ Digital Camera HX1 $230
    Webbie HDT Camera $180
    Nikon D90 (Digital and Video Recording Camera) $650

LG Phones
    LG KM555E $200
    LG GD510 Pop $190
    LG GM750 $180
    LG GW550 $175
    LG Incite$170
    LG GD910$170
    LG KS500-$170
    LG KF900 Prada$165
    LG KC780-$160
    LG KP500 Cookie$150

PLAYSTATION
    Sony PlayStation 3 120GB System $200
    Sony PSP go System $160
    Sony PSP Slim Giga Bundle $105
    Sony PlayStation 3 80GB Motorstorm Pack $155
    Sony Playstation 3 60GB $140
    Sony PlayStation 3 40GB $125

Nintendo:
    Nintendo DSi Lite $100
    Nintendo DS Lite $70
    Nintendo Wii Console $125

SPEAKERS
    Sony 5.1/7.1-Channel Speaker System $510

APPLE LAPTOPS
    Apple Macbook Air.$600
    Apple MacBook (MA700LL/A) Mac Notebook$500usd
    Apple MacBook Pro (MA611LL/A) Notebook$500usd
    Apple MacBook (MA254LL/A) Mac Notebook$450usd
    Apple iBook G3 (M7698LL/A) Mac Notebook..$400usd
    Apple MacBook Pro (MA609LL/A) Notebook$550usd
    Apple MacBook Pro (MA600LLA) Notebook$500usd
    Apple MacBook Pro (MA610LL/A) Notebook$450usd
    Apple Macbook Pro (885909119400) Notebook..$445usd

SONY TVs
    Sony 52" BRAVIA XBR9 Series LCD HDTV $1,200
    Sony 46" BRAVIA XBR9 Series LCD HDTV $1,000
    Sony 52" BRAVIA XBR10 Series LCD HDTV $1,500
    Sony 40" BRAVIA XBR9 Series LCD HDTV $800
    Sony 26" BRAVIA L Series LCD HDTV $300

........PROMO................. .....PROMO.................... ...PROMO...................

FINAACOM LIMITED strive to offer high-quality products at competitive prices. All of our products are brand new, never used, never rebuilt.
    We maintain multiple-supplier sources for our products as a means of being able to continually offer the best products at the best prices.
    All of our products are backed by a 6-Months, money-back guarantee. Contact us for further informations about extended warranty from manufacturer.

1. Complete accessories(Well packed and sealed in original company box)
    2. Unlocked / sim free.
    3. Brand new (original manufacturer) box – no copies
    4. All phones have English language as default
    5. All material (software, manual) – car chargers – home chargers – usb data cables -holsters/belt
    clips – wireless headsets(bluetooth) -leather and non-leather carrying cases – batteries.

If you are interested, forward your questions and inquires to us via email your order and shipping details.
    we give 1 year warranty for every product sold out to our costumers, our product are company class 1 tested and approved by global standard organization of wireless industries.
    Brand new merchandise with complete accessories, extra charger and battery.

NOTE: we offer prompt shipping from our warehouse, typically the product will arrive within 48hours via either Fedex/Ups Courier Sevices.

Kindly Read our Return Policy Requirement below:
    We offer our customers hassle-free returns/exchanges. if for any reason you are not satisfied with an item purchased from us, please return the item within 30 days of receipt for an exchange or refund.

We look forward in placing your order with us and giving you the most competent services as we are using this medium to look for buyers of various electronics product we stock.

We Have got great Offer Which’s buy Any 2 Products and get 1 for Free Including Free Shipment To your Door Step.

Your prompt enquiry will be greatly appreciated.

COMPANY FULL DETAILS.
    Contact name : Mr. Macedo Paulo
    Company name : FINAACOM LIMITED
    Email us At : fincom@kelebek.gen.tr
    Registered No 04529224

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links