Headphone Jack No Longer Working

This is a discussion on Headphone Jack No Longer Working within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; So I have only used the headphone once and it worked great. Today when I went to use it, it now no longer works. What ...

Thread: Headphone Jack No Longer Working

Headphone Jack No Longer Working

So I have only used the headphone once and it worked great. Today when I went to use it, it now no longer works. What happened? Any suggestions on how to fix it?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by jscottyh View Post
    So I have only used the headphone once and it worked great. Today when I went to use it, it now no longer works. What happened? Any suggestions on how to fix it?
    Does it not direct the Audio to the Headset? Or are you not hearing anything from either the Speaker or the Headphones? The first thing I would try is to Pull the battery and leave it out for a minute or so, that will do a soft reset on the phone (No Data is lost) ... Don't have it plugged into the Charger when you do this or it will defeat what we are trying to do. Put the battery back in and power up. Try the Headset again. If it still doesn't work check the volume again (I know that sounds silly) Unplug and re-plug the Headset again. Also is your Memory low? Do you have and other sound utilities running?

If this all fails, then I would say you have a bad Ally and I would contact Verizon support for assistance to see if they can replace the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by LG_Pro View Post
    If it still doesn't work check the volume again

Just to clarify for the OP, the volume for media is not the same as the volume for the phone. I would try to play something without the headphones to make sure that my volume was ok then plug in the headphones. If not, try a different set of headphones.
    Motorola Droid 4

I wouldn't be so quick to blame the Ally -- if all sounds are working normally, but the headphones aren't working with the phone, it might be a bad set of headphones. I'd try different headphones before I'd go pulling the battery (which is kind of a pain) or changing settings. Just a thought...

Haha its not a bad pair of headphones, its speakers as well. And I have tried both. The speaker on the phone works but it does cut out the sound on the phone when I plug speakers or headphones. Just no sound out the speakers or headphones. Pulling the battery is such a pain since I have one of those holster/cover for my phone but it worked once. haha so I ran advanced task killer to kill all the programs running after powering off my phone and powering back on. Then I opened the music player, success! Ran advanced task killer again, opened up the gallery, played my movie and it worked. Also with doing the task killer there are no audio apps running at that time. So with this being my work around, is there something software/driver wise screwing up the phone? In laptops it has Jack Sense written in the drivers to change the output from the laptop speakers to the headphones when you plug in headphones. If you remove the Jack Sense part of the driver, it will play through the speakers and the headphones. If the driver has a bad line to return audio to default you get no sound out of that output again.

Android Lurker Headphone Jack Problem's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LG_Pro View Post
    Does it not direct the Audio to the Headset? Or are you not hearing anything from either the Speaker or the Headphones? The first thing I would try is to Pull the battery and leave it out for a minute or so, that will do a soft reset on the phone (No Data is lost) ... Don't have it plugged into the Charger when you do this or it will defeat what we are trying to do. Put the battery back in and power up. Try the Headset again. If it still doesn't work check the volume again (I know that sounds silly) Unplug and re-plug the Headset again. Also is your Memory low? Do you have and other sound utilities running?

If this all fails, then I would say you have a bad Ally and I would contact Verizon support for assistance to see if they can replace the phone.

But even if that doesn't fail, wouldn't you say s/he has a bad Ally? How often would a person have to do this battery-removal routine before it would be considered that their phone is a lemon and they need one that actually works? That really sounds to me like a messed up phone even if your advice works and fixes the problem temporarily.

Just blow!

Quote Originally Posted by jscottyh View Post
    Treat the phone jack like an old video game cartridge. Just blow really hard into it. Also put a little hot breath on the headphone adapter piece as well. Should work like brand new.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links