Phone Storage Low

This is a discussion on Phone Storage Low within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; Every time I download an app that leaves my storage below 15MB I get a warning notice that says low storage and then blocks all ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Phone Storage Low

Every time I download an app that leaves my storage below 15MB I get a warning notice that says low storage and then blocks all incoming text messages until I uninstall something. Even if I clear all the text messages, the same thing happens. I have it set to only save 10 conversations too, but still when this appears on the notification bar, I have to uninstall updates or apps to get full usage again. All while it says I have 15MB of space left!. Even at 14.99 this occurs. It's soooo frustrating. Even when an app I already have does an automatic update, it eats up more space. I have already been to the store once to have it completely wiped out and restarted from scratch. This same thing used to occur when it hit the 10MB threshold. That was about a month or so ago. I have only 11 Apps installed per my choice, all totaling less than 30MB of space.

The phone needs a min of 14-16MB to run which is one of the reasons you will get the message. I try to keep mine above 24 MB because it starts dragging if I don't.
    Motorola Droid 4

Android Enthusiast gtr1000rider's Avatar
    If your total memory is less than 30mb you shouldn't be having any issues. Have you moved any apps to your SD card?

I think the LG Ally is just inferior to the other Droid phones available. My husband has the Droid X and he runs many more apps and widgets without one storage warning. Unfortunately, at the time Ally was the only one offering a keyboard rather than all touch screen.

I do NOT have a "ton" of apps, yet the issue still arises daily. I have done all methods of trying to "keep enough storage". I keep texts threads to a minimum, I clear out cache, I have moved all apps that offer to the SD card, I have made sure to *228 with Verizon to keep my updates current, and no matter what I do I cant even update my apps without running into issues.

Big let down LG, big let down. I was so excited to keep a keyboard, and it has quickly faded into pain and suffering.

wish i had bought an iphone no one I know using them has this problem

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links