Suddenly no sound when phone rings

This is a discussion on Suddenly no sound when phone rings within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; I noticed recently I have missed a couple calls and thought it odd, then this morning at the hardware store I suddenly saw my husband ...

Thread: Suddenly no sound when phone rings

I noticed recently I have missed a couple calls and thought it odd, then this morning at the hardware store I suddenly saw my husband and asked what he was doing there. He said he called my phone and I didn't answer. I showed the missed call but it never rang. Went home and we tested it and it now will not play the ringtone when a call comes in. I have change to different ringtones and I hear the sound when I choose them, but there is no sound on an incoming call. I even went to a Verizon store and they took the battery out and put it back in and still nothing. He said an update is due and that should fix it. I have no idea what has happened. ANyone have any ideas?

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Google Advertisement
    Android.net is the premier Android Forum on the internet.

I rarely get phone calls but I have missed a few. I don't know if it is because the sound didn't go off or just that I wasn't paying attention.

I am not aware of any update to fix the issue.
    Motorola Droid 4

Are you using the default phone app? Are you using a custom Ringtone?

Might you have Silent Mode activated? > Long-press the power button and check that sound is on. Might you have accidentally put your husband on the ignore list? > Open the contact and make sure this option is not checked. Might you have an app that has controls that include ringer volume? > Sometimes an App's settings can mess with your phone settings. For example, when I start the game app "WordUp," my volume button will turn the Media volume down for a few seconds as/after the game opens, but if I miss this window my ringer volume will be affected instead. Others, I've read, have experienced operation conflicts. Do you have your phone set to vibrate on incoming calls? > Maybe you have feel it.

There are so many places to change settings and inadvertently change something somewhere else. It can get confusing having so many options! Best of luck. I only once experienced a lack of Text Notification sound. All I did was turn the phone off for a few minutes (actually I forgot it was off), and when I turned it on text notification sound had returned. I was messing with the settings but didn't like it so I returned to whatever it was. The phone just hadn't caught up with me, I figured.

Check to make sure your husband's phone is not set to a specific rather than the default ringtone, and that that specific ringtone isn't one that is defective/deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by bepineurope View Post
    Check to make sure your husband's phone is not set to a specific rather than the default ringtone, and that that specific ringtone isn't one that is defective/deleted.

I have tried all of the suggestions and still nothing works. I had ringdroid installed on the phone and I noticed that the songs I used were not there any longer. I deleted the application and set all my contacts to default ringtone and nothing works. I have to put it on vibrate and keep it in my pocket or desk to know if its ringing. I'm at my wits end.

This has also happened to me at times. I downloaded the app Zedge for ring tones and wallpapers and downloaded a few that would be good notification sounds. So i downloaded them and set them and they worked fine at first. But after a few times i noticed that it would just vibrate and not ring (this is for notifications not calls). So i went in and clicked on the sound and it went off and i could hear it like it works fine but it wouldnt do it when i got the actual notification. What i also found weird was that it changed my default ringer for calls and for when my SD card is plugged in so i deleted the ringtones and set them back to the default sounds and works so far for me. So im not sure why yours isnt working at all even with the default sounds. Maybe try to uninstall your ringtone app and try it.

I already had deleted my ringtone app. I was using ringdroid. As previously stated I set the default ringer for all calls and no luck.

OK everyone. I have the problem fixed. I went to Verizon store that has technical assistance and waited 40 minutes for help but it was worth it. It took him about 10 minutes to figure it out too. When you go to settings, then Ringer Volume, there is a slide bar to turn it up or down and another bar below that for notification volume. In between the two bars is a box that needs to have a check mark in it for "use incoming call volume for notification. He put a check mark there and then it started to ring. I have no idea how it happened this way because I usually use the volume buttons on the side of the phone. But at least it is working now. Thanks for all of your suggestions.

Ads