Personalize Text Messaging

This is a discussion on Personalize Text Messaging within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; I just purchased my LG Ally today. I've been messing around with it since buying it - but I've yet to figure out how to ...

Thread: Personalize Text Messaging

I just purchased my LG Ally today. I've been messing around with it since buying it - but I've yet to figure out how to personalize my text messages! My friend recently bought the LG Ally and showed me how different friends have different wallpaper, meaning, when she pulls up a text from one person - the wallpaper is something, and if she goes to another text message to a different person...it's a different wallpaper. I have NO idea how to do this. ALSO, she had her text messages set up where it has the appearance of the iphone text messaging...the bubble texts...or whatever. If anyone could help me out I would VERY MUCH appreciate it.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

You can't do any of that with the default messaging app. Your friend had to have downloaded an app from the market.
    Motorola Droid 4

Quote Originally Posted by JLin View Post
    I just purchased my LG Ally today. I've been messing around with it since buying it - but I've yet to figure out how to personalize my text messages! My friend recently bought the LG Ally and showed me how different friends have different wallpaper, meaning, when she pulls up a text from one person - the wallpaper is something, and if she goes to another text message to a different person...it's a different wallpaper. I have NO idea how to do this. ALSO, she had her text messages set up where it has the appearance of the iphone text messaging...the bubble texts...or whatever. If anyone could help me out I would VERY MUCH appreciate it.

Most likely, your friend is using Handcent, which I use. Handcent allows me to have different wallpaper for each person I text (I picked them from my photos). You can also customize the speech bubbles, color of font, dates/times, etc. It's a very good messaging app.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links