Back and forth on the WI-FI and 3G.

This is a discussion on Back and forth on the WI-FI and 3G. within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; So I noticed today that my phone connects to the WI-FI from sleep but it never stays connected to the WI-FI. when it goes to ...

Thread: Back and forth on the WI-FI and 3G.

So I noticed today that my phone connects to the WI-FI from sleep but it never stays connected to the WI-FI. when it goes to sleep it reconnects back to the 3G. Using applications like AIM is bad for this because of multiple messages sent and received. Is there any way to set up the phone to keep it connected to the WI-FI? I turn the WI-FI off when I leave my house so I don't see why It can stay connected when I'm at home. Thanks

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

From the FAQ in the manual (pg 293):

Q: When Wi-Fi and 3G are both available, which service will my phone use?

A: When using data, your phone may default to the Wi-Fi connection (if Wi-Fi connectivity on your phone is set to On). However, there will be no notification when your phone switches from one to the other. To know which data connection is being used, use the 3G or Wi-Fi icon at the top of your screen.

However, I have experienced times when I have had no notifications at the top of my screen at all. But things that require "WiFi Only" like when using the TV.com App, I still get flawless reception. Weird, right? And a little disconcerting. Without further recourse I have added a WiFi shortcut to my main home screen to reset WiFi quickly, just in case. It even happened when I used to have WiFi settings set to Turn Off Never.

I think this is meant to support the battery, but I sure hope this is resolved in an update!

Thank you! I figured out how to switch it to "Turn Off Never".

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links