OMG HELP SOMEONE!

This is a discussion on OMG HELP SOMEONE! within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; ok let me be honest i was using the program type fresh and installed a ttf font tried to load it and rebooted like it ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OMG HELP SOMEONE!

ok let me be honest i was using the program type fresh and installed a ttf font tried to load it and rebooted like it said and now the screen is completely stuck on the verizon boot screen. I tried to do a hard reset. powered off push power button and home key and volume up released when lg boot animation went away it showed a little droid with a load bar for 1 second then disappeared. dont know what to do. please help someone

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

You can try removing the battery for a couple of minutes.

You may need to do a Hard Reset aka Factory Reset.

http://www.verizon-phones.us/how-to-...ault-settings/

Quote Originally Posted by marioval View Post
    You may need to do a Hard Reset aka Factory Reset.

http://www.verizon-phones.us/how-to-...ault-settings/

A hard reset was tried but didn't work.
    Motorola Droid 4

I ended up taking it to a verizon store. The location where I actually bought the phone. When I walked in to be honest I was frustrated. I already have issues with verizon. One being things like not honoring the $200 fee to cancel service that I had with alltel now it's $350 with verizon. Makes way difficult to cancel service now. Another is the way I was suckered into getting the ally. I admit I wanted a qwerty keyboard and flash but price wasn't an issue. Ally being my first true smartphone I was just excited but should have researched first before buying. I like the ally I guess it's not bad for my first smartphone. I didn't like hearing the associate though suck this kid in front of me with lies about the ally. He just cares about making the sell and that's not cool. He said it's one of the fastest droids they have with the best memory and longest battery life. I felt bad for the kid because I was him at one time being pulled into the sellers pitch. Okay sorry for my rant. Story ends with them unable to determine what's wrong and would send a new ally out under warranty. Problem being with free 2 day shipping I wouldn't get it till Monday most likely because it was Wednesday night after 4pm. They must have the order in by 4pm to make sure it ships out that same night. So I had to pay $10 to get it by Friday. So at least I get a new phone. Oh About 2.2. The associate said that he sold a few ally's that day and everyone that he activated had 2.2 updated as well. So i will have my new ally by 3pm tomorrow he said and maybe just maybe he wasn't blowing steam and I'll get it when I activate the new phone? If so I'll let you guys know. Thanks for the responses though guys. I was hoping someone knew about this issue and how to get around it. Stay away from the typefresh app though it might brick the phone. Good luck guys.

Hi micah, good posting, and thank you for the update with that issue.

Just one thing my friend, Verizon made options available to former Alltel customers. They let you know exactly what the deal is.

Is the 350 dollar smartphone ETF kinda high?....perhaps, but sending folks a new smartphone with a price of up to 649 dollars for little or nothing is too.

I touched on this in another thread, but here's the deal in a nutshell. You needed a Verizon phone to use the best network in America, and Verizon said...hey, we'll give you this 360 dollar smartphone for free if you agree to a 2 year service contract with us. You clearly wanted the savings and said ok. Now,..if you want to cancel your service contract early, they want their 350 dollars back. Sounds fair to me.

Again micah, thanks for the posting, and I agree with you concerning the sales help at Verizon. In a similar situation, I began debating with the salesperson ( in front of the other customers ) about some claims he made that I overheard. At first he seemed irritated, but quickly got miffed when I explained he was either uniformed, or just misleadsing. Yeah, he was glad when I left.

I emailed Verizon about the sales people lack of experience and general know how about the phones, and even the network. I did not get a reply.

Micah, I'm glad your problem's been resolved, and if your new Ally ships with 2.2 -- congratulations! I will defend the Verizon rep's sales pitch on one point: The Ally does have among the best battery-life specs among smartphones, especially Android-based smartphones. When I did some "comparison shopping" a few weeks ago, there was one Droid (I think it was the Droid 2) that had better battery-life specs. Other than that, the only other smartphone I know of with comparable or better battery life is the iPhone 4.

And while the Ally's processor will never be accused of being a barn-burner, it does have a slightly higher clock speed than the Droid 1, so the young man could have actually done worse than the Ally for an Android-based handset.

Frankly, if price had not been an issue for me, I would have looked long and hard at the Droid 2 -- of course, it wasn't out when I bought my Ally, so it's kind of a moot point. One of my main requirements was a physical keyboard, and I had two choices -- the old Droid 1 @ $150 (also note it shipped with 1.6 and was listed as upgradable to 2.1) or the new Ally @ $50. I still maintain that, at that price point, the Ally is an excellent value.

Soooooo, if Ally's are starting to ship with 2.2, how come we can't get it yet? I have a feeling it will feel like Christmas day when we get it. Just hope it's not like getting a cap gun when we asked for a BB gun.

Android Sr Member blackmetalbuick's Avatar
    Interesting news. So far there isn't a single peep anywhere on the internet about Allys starting to come with 2.2. Word usually spreads quickly about this sort of thing. I'll keep my eyes open to see if anyone starts talking about it.
    LG Ally - SW V 8 - Rooted - Velocity 0.3

Interesting to note a sales associate........told you they have 2.2 upgrades.

However, I'll believe it when someone besides a sales person say's so.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links