Handcent Default

This is a discussion on Handcent Default within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; I check on a couple forums and nothing had what I was looking for. When I first installed the app when I clicked to change ...

Thread: Handcent Default

I check on a couple forums and nothing had what I was looking for. When I first installed the app when I clicked to change the notification sount it woud come up with two options ANDROID something and HANDSCENT some. I clicked use this as the defult. and click android. Is there anyway I can go back with out re enstalling this? I want to see if they have more notifcation sounds bcause on the ANDROID selction none of my sounds are there. Thanks guys!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by Ashlee View Post
    I check on a couple forums and nothing had what I was looking for. When I first installed the app when I clicked to change the notification sount it woud come up with two options ANDROID something and HANDSCENT some. I clicked use this as the defult. and click android. Is there anyway I can go back with out re enstalling this? I want to see if they have more notifcation sounds bcause on the ANDROID selction none of my sounds are there. Thanks guys!

It is a bit tricky to un-default something. Try this and see if it works.

• Push the menu button. (From the home screen.)
    • Touch Settings.
    • Touch Applications.
    • Touch Manage Applications.
    • Find Handscent.
    • Touch Handscent.
    • Touch Clear Defaults.
    Motorola Droid 4

I have tried this and it say that i have no defauls set, my ultimate goal would be to use the android text rather than the handcent text app. Anyone know how to do that?

Anyone have an idea on how to choose the android text over the handcent texting.

If you want to use the default text, why don't you delete Handcent? This would reset it back to the way it should be.
    Motorola Droid 4

I like the ability to modify the different notification and such

I am not sure if you can have it both ways. I think you will need to un-install Handcent and then re-install it. Someone who has it installed could give you some more information.

Motorola Droid 4

Not to disagree with AA, but I think you can have it both ways. Try uninstalling handcent and instead install SMS Popup. It's a free app that lets you control the SMS notifications, but still use the pre-installed SMS interface. I was using ChompSMS (similar to Handcent), but eventually got rid of it because it's a memory hog. SMS Popup let me modify the notifications only -- it's pretty cool and seems to work flawlessly on my Ally.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links