Ringtone help please

This is a discussion on Ringtone help please within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; I called VZW alil bit ago bout this ringtine isuse ive been having on this phone. I got the phone 2 days ago and i ...

Thread: Ringtone help please

I called VZW alil bit ago bout this ringtine isuse ive been having on this phone. I got the phone 2 days ago and i downloaded Ringtone App from the market. The tones are saved in teh Music folder and always stored under notifications in the Android System or Selecet Music when u go to selcet a tone for a txt and email. I also downloaded Hancent.

Ok to my issue, i downloaded 2 ringtones set 1 to calls and 1 to txts, the calls work and the txts for a lil bit then it goes away and its almost as if the phone changed to slient mode even if i dont touch anything. Also with handcent sms it allows you to setup ur notifications and all that ad test ur tone out, well the tone never plays. I called VZW and they said delete the 3rd party app and the songs and try something else. Well i deleted teh app and took the battery out and reinstalled it. I hope i didnt get a lemon phone cuz it had a few things i had to get fixed with it.

So basically im back to the phones ringtones an still have handcent sms and stuck on how to figure this out cuz idk if the OEM ringtone will not work later.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by bdizz07 View Post
    I called VZW alil bit ago bout this ringtine isuse ive been having on this phone. I got the phone 2 days ago and i downloaded Ringtone App from the market. The tones are saved in teh Music folder and always stored under notifications in the Android System or Selecet Music when u go to selcet a tone for a txt and email. I also downloaded Hancent.

Ok to my issue, i downloaded 2 ringtones set 1 to calls and 1 to txts, the calls work and the txts for a lil bit then it goes away and its almost as if the phone changed to slient mode even if i dont touch anything. Also with handcent sms it allows you to setup ur notifications and all that ad test ur tone out, well the tone never plays. I called VZW and they said delete the 3rd party app and the songs and try something else. Well i deleted teh app and took the battery out and reinstalled it. I hope i didnt get a lemon phone cuz it had a few things i had to get fixed with it.

So basically im back to the phones ringtones an still have handcent sms and stuck on how to figure this out cuz idk if the OEM ringtone will not work later.
    The disappearing Tones is a known issue.. We are hoping the Android 2.2 update or the next LG Update will resolve the problem... The LG Update, hopefully, will be out 'Soon' and the Android OS Update will follow at some point there after....

I'll keep everyone posted as soon as I hear any news.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links