clock screen randomly popping up

This is a discussion on clock screen randomly popping up within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; Ok so I've had my ally for a little while now and I love it, but recently everytime I plug my phone into the charger ...

Thread: clock screen randomly popping up

Ok so I've had my ally for a little while now and I love it, but recently everytime I plug my phone into the charger the clock screen pops up like every 15 seconds. (The screen with the alarm clock options, home key, music key, etc) it doesn't matter what I'm doing, but as soon as I plug it in, it goes bonkers. Any suggestions, or have you heard of this before? I'm ready to run my phone over with my car...

Thanks!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by JRuple View Post
    Ok so I've had my ally for a little while now and I love it, but recently everytime I plug my phone into the charger the clock screen pops up like every 15 seconds. (The screen with the alarm clock options, home key, music key, etc) it doesn't matter what I'm doing, but as soon as I plug it in, it goes bonkers. Any suggestions, or have you heard of this before? I'm ready to run my phone over with my car...

Thanks!

This is something that is normal if you are plugging the phone into a desktop charger. Other than that it shouldn't happen.
    Motorola Droid 4

No this is the wall charger and it only happens when its plugged in...I have factory reset my phone 3 times and no luck. Could it be the charger itself? I've checked all cords and everything is secure. Its driving me crazy especially since I love my phone!

I don't know. I cannot think of any reason why it would do this with just a wall charger. I do not know of any settings that you could adjust to stop it.
    Motorola Droid 4

Some Apps have an option on how to respond while charging. I have seen Keep Screen On as an option. Maybe you have such an app and it is conflicting with phone settings. But after a Factory Reset maybe not. Perhaps your connections are not being made. It sounds like something similar I have experienced with an old phone. But the Ally is set to turn on when charging so maybe it is starting and stopping the charge and hence, the phone. If it is a faulty USB cable, it should fall under warranty.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links