Removing Photos and other issues.

This is a discussion on Removing Photos and other issues. within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; I have photos that were transfered onto my Ally from my Blackberry, at the Verizon store. I've had my Ally a couple of months now, ...

Thread: Removing Photos and other issues.

I have photos that were transfered onto my Ally from my Blackberry, at the Verizon store. I've had my Ally a couple of months now, and cannot get them removed. When I long touch / double click menu button on the album or photo there is no delete option. My only options are: Details or set as wallpaper. When I click on details It tells me the .jpg file name that its a jpeg item, when it was taken, but in location it says unknown location.

I've hooked it up to my computer and can see all the photos except for this one album. I don't want those photos any more. Any ideas on how to remove these photos? It's very agrevating.

My phone seems to power down several times a week. Not sure powering down is really what it's doing. It's going to a black screen, then the Android screen comes up (It doesn't go all the way to the LG screen, then Verizon screen, like it does when you first turn it on) for a few seconds then to the homepage. It has happened to me while talking on the phone, e-mailing, texting. There hasn't one common thing I'm in when it does this. Is this normal.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by GCinGilbert View Post
    I have photos that were transfered onto my Ally from my Blackberry, at the Verizon store. I've had my Ally a couple of months now, and cannot get them removed. When I long touch / double click menu button on the album or photo there is no delete option. My only options are: Details or set as wallpaper. When I click on details It tells me the .jpg file name that its a jpeg item, when it was taken, but in location it says unknown location.

I've hooked it up to my computer and can see all the photos except for this one album. I don't want those photos any more. Any ideas on how to remove these photos? It's very agrevating.

My phone seems to power down several times a week. Not sure powering down is really what it's doing. It's going to a black screen, then the Android screen comes up (It doesn't go all the way to the LG screen, then Verizon screen, like it does when you first turn it on) for a few seconds then to the homepage. It has happened to me while talking on the phone, e-mailing, texting. There hasn't one common thing I'm in when it does this. Is this normal.

The photos transferred at the Verizon store were more than likely stored on your phone's memory instead of the SD Card. You will not be able to delete them if they are on the phone's memory. Take the phone back to the store and have them move them from the phone's memory to the SD card. Then you can get rid of the ones you don't want.

There are several threads already about the black screen:

Help Me Please

My Screen Goes Dark
    Motorola Droid 4

jcj
    I had the same problem and found my solution. If you have any Picasa Web Albums, this could be your answer. It seems that when Gallery is opened, the phone automatically checks your Google account for any Picasa Web Albums and displays any pictures it finds in Gallery. So the pictures are not on the phone anyplace. It's a neat feature. I just can't find it documented anyplace. It means you can have a number of pictures displayed on your phone withoutusing any storage.

Quote Originally Posted by GCinGilbert View Post
    My phone seems to power down several times a week. Not sure powering down is really what it's doing. It's going to a black screen, then the Android screen comes up

This doesn't sound like a proximity sensor problem, it sounds like the phone is rebooting. I've had it happen a couple of times to my Ally, especially when it was new. Maybe you've got conflicting apps?

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links