random apps running

This is a discussion on random apps running within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; I recently discover the "task killer" and I'm very thankful for it. It's unfortunate that such a utility is needed, but... My question is, what's ...

Thread: random apps running

I recently discover the "task killer" and I'm very thankful for it. It's unfortunate that such a utility is needed, but...

My question is, what's the deal with random apps running in the background? For example, just now I checked the Task Killer and it told me that VisualVoiceMail was running even though I have NEVER used it. Is there something causing this? Do all Android phone have this problem? Is there a setting I can... set... to keep this from happening?

Thanks in advance! :-)

...Scotty

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by multiguy View Post
    I recently discover the "task killer" and I'm very thankful for it. It's unfortunate that such a utility is needed, but...

My question is, what's the deal with random apps running in the background? For example, just now I checked the Task Killer and it told me that VisualVoiceMail was running even though I have NEVER used it. Is there something causing this? Do all Android phone have this problem? Is there a setting I can... set... to keep this from happening?

Thanks in advance! :-)

...Scotty
    Yes all Android phones do the same thing. There certain apps and processes that the OS spawns when it sees that they are not running, and you can't stop them, other than to Kill them, which is questionably safe. The Android OS should manage them and suspend them when not needed, requiring little or no memory... But as we have seen, this does not always happen... I think Android 2.2 will only have more stuff running :-(

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links