Desktop to Ally help needed

This is a discussion on Desktop to Ally help needed within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; Hi. I just signed up for the forum because until now, I haven't tried to connect the phone to the desktop. So here is the ...

Thread: Desktop to Ally help needed

Hi. I just signed up for the forum because until now, I haven't tried to connect the phone to the desktop. So here is the problem I hope you guys can help me with.

The computer cant find the software to access the Ally. I switched from a BlackBerry to the Ally, and am worried I made a huge mistake. I move lots of stufff from my phone to the PC and back again, so if I cant get this feature, I am screwed. What do I need to do / download in order to make this work?? Thanks in advance.

desktop runs XP (really a laptop)

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Hi Steffy, the answer has been here all along on page 66 of the user guide pinned in this forum,... http://www.lgallyforums.com/topic/63...llys-features/

Android Sr Member blackmetalbuick's Avatar
    You didn't give too many details about your problem, but make sure once you are plugged in you are going to the phone's notification menu, click on the "USB Connected" notification, and tell the phone to "mount" to share data. Just plugging the phone in and doing nothing else will just charge the battery. Mounting the phone lets your PC recognize it as a drive.
    LG Ally - SW V 8 - Rooted - Velocity 0.3

Again...if you begin at page 66 of the manual, it gives very clear instructions about how to do this.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links